Ordered Panhard Bar!

• Sponsors (?)

04GT said:
Decided to get the MM Panhard Bar with my tax refund.

I'll post results after I get it installed.

I'm not sure if they recommend installing some good LCAs at the same time or not, but it would be something to consider.

Get ready to lose your tailpipes unless you get someone to modify them.

You'll love the way the rear feels after you install it. Good choice.

Help please

Hey all i am fairly new to this site but i really need to help . I hit a guard rail on passenger side front and both of my airbags blew in my baby2001 gt. There is Minimal damage, scratches, and a cracked headlight. I mean light minor minor, really crazy, but both the bags went!!!!!!!!!I dont know why!. I need to replace them but I don’t know what to do? I have a buddy that works in a body shop that will put them in. Does anybody know how many sensors there are, is there any in the seat belt? What would I need to replace? If I bought the bags off ebay used what else would I need. PLEASE ANY help ASAp would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any 2001 charcoal black bags or know anywhere to get them. Thank you Also how would i know if he installed them right, would the light just go off????? I decided it would prolly be better to not go throught insurance. THANK you

redd

redd said:
Hey all i am fairly new to this site but i really need to help . I hit a guard rail on passenger side front and both of my airbags blew in my baby2001 gt. There is Minimal damage, scratches, and a cracked headlight. I mean light minor minor, really crazy, but both the bags went!!!!!!!!!I dont know why!. I need to replace them but I don’t know what to do? I have a buddy that works in a body shop that will put them in. Does anybody know how many sensors there are, is there any in the seat belt? What would I need to replace? If I bought the bags off ebay used what else would I need. PLEASE ANY help ASAp would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have any 2001 charcoal black bags or know anywhere to get them. Thank you Also how would i know if he installed them right, would the light just go off????? I decided it would prolly be better to not go throught insurance. THANK you

redd

Umm, it would probably be best to start your own thread on this matter and not post in within a thread with a totally different topic.

redd said:

redd

Uuuhhhh... How 'bout starting a new thread??!! :shrug: :rlaugh:

I got a panhard bar 2 weeks ago and had a professional shop specializing only in Mustangs put it in. There is god news and bad news. Bad news first: I'll tell ya right now you're gonna have to customize your catback because the panhard bar won't clear your magnaflows. Also the install isn't 100% precisely where I'd like it to be because on hard bumps I still hear my exhaust pipe hitting it but thats only on hard bumps so I'm not that miffed about that. Good news: Well lets just say it plants your rear and eliminates lean on turns. Combined with aftermarket springs/shocks/struts/sway bars, this will make your car feel like a race car. Definitely a :nice: ....just the install sucked...I had to have it installed by someone else because I don't have a welding machine to customize my exhaust in order to make it fit.

sorry fellows

sorryy about that. First time posting anything. I have been on this site hundreds of time but never posted. I will try to start a new thread, hopefully i get some replies.

redd

You will like it I'm sure. I know of all the things I have done to mine it was the best thing I did for making the car feel tighter especially on exiting of the corners.
Like mentioned it can be a problem with exhaust interference. I first had it installed with the first run of the Loudmouth SLP exhaust for the Mustangs and had no interference at all. I gave my Son that loudmouth catback system and installed the stock exhaust with no problems at all either. I then got another Loudmouth catback and had to do some cutting on the left side tail pipe to the over the axle section pipe to get it to fit and it will still hit on the larger bumps. I think it's a hit and miss for catback fitment but it can be done if you take your time and have a way to cut to fit your catback if need be. Enjoy :nice:

I'm not installing it myself...taking it to Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati. They are a very good Mustang specialty shop. Will try to get some pics while it's up on the lift.

LCA's would be great, but can't afford them right now...maybe next year.

I'm betting that I won't have a fit problem since my car is not lowered.

My hopes are that it will be flatter and more predictable when cornering. I guess it will help to keep the center of gravity over the rear axle instead of floating off to la-la land.

Heard the 05-06 Mustangs come stock with a panhard bar and that's a main reason why they handle so much better.

Lastly...it sucks when somebody hijacks ur thread!