OT: Just saw Farenheit 9/11!!! WOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

95Vert said:
I know it's been out for a while but I just saw it and man was I in shock. I didn't know who I was voting for before that movie but now I do. I just wanted to make a thread to see what you all thought of it.

If your going to bite on the propaganda from the far left (or far right) then that is your lack of understanding who is in which corner. It's a shame peiople are so easily swayed by propaganda and that is exactly what all these politicians are switching to the nearer we get to the booth.

gcomfx.com said:
Come on now.... let's not resort to the name calling. We have more respect for fellow stangers than that. :notnice:

I can still respect someone for the Stang they have but I DONT HAVE TO respect them for who they vote for. Political views and Stangs do not coninside.

gcomfx.com said:
So YOU agree with calling someone "as stupid as a friggin idiot" over this :bs:

I do if you vote for Kerry, How stupid can some of you be?????

and how stupid can some of you be to belive that total bull SH** from Michale Moore, he needs to accidently on purpose be hit w/ a stray bullit.

gcomfx.com said:
Just graduating and found a job? I graduated in 99 - I had 3 offers and was one of THE highest paid graphic designers from my graduating class at my college. I further increased that until this past year. As a designer I work in the advertising field... when things are good - companies have money to blow on advertising, when things are bad, the first thing they pull is the advertising.

I fully believe MY field is a very accurate representation of the economy.

What do you do? - not trying to be an arse at all, honestly curious.

I'll be graduating with my degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

And in terms of paying to see Moore's movie, I just bought tickets to the Disney movie playing at the same time and walked into Moore's crapfest. I did think it was pretty funny and he does know how to make Goebbels-level propaganda, but if you do your own research you will realize that he is very misleading.

Black95GTS said:
if you do your own research you will realize that he is very misleading.

Such as making up total lies, putting blame on people that have nothing to do w/ the isssue IE........ K-Mart in the movie bowling for colimbine, and editing his movies to skew and twist the facts. Michale Moore is worse then even the democrats.

mr_woodster said:
Believe he made factual errors, its nota belief, its a FACT...look it up.

Bush "was a liar a man of zero integrity"...Becuase he said "i have inteligence reports that show WMD in iraq"...where was the lie in that? He had them, PERIOD. Integrity? He did exactly what he said, did it to best of his ability as president AND YOU SLEEP IN YOUR BED SOUNDLY, BECAUSE OF IT. (even if you are from calgary)
You haven't seen the movie, have you? Most of it is made of news clips of the people currently in power. Including statements in june of 2001 from both rice and powell stating that Iraq had no WMD. How are those distortions or lies? He didn't do the interviews, so how could he have skewed them? Just because you hate Moore so much doesn't mean you know what is in his movie that you haven't seen.

Criminal, i Guess you would put the senate in the "criminal" status, they voted for war...Look it up.

Basicly, dont post up unless you can back it up...just a waste of time for everyone who is into this topic.
You're not backing up your statements on the movie, being as you haven't seen it yourself. If you want to talk politically, thats great. But bashing something you haven't seen is a bit arrogant.

:bang:

donjohn said:
here's where gcomfx comes in. You're exactly right, Moore has got to be rich from all this, so he's a brilliant money maker, it's the content i hate.

still gcomfx: as to your father not being able to find a job in the manufacturing industry, it's because ALL manufacturing jobs across the country are being outsourced to countries who's people will accept less payment. I had to switch my major from mechanical engineering to electrical just because of outsourcing. so in that respect, i'm really sorry ur dad lost his job but i don't think that's bush's fault. as for your job, i'm not sure whos fault that lies in... hope you get something good!

i've taken a years worth of political science and i'd say i'm a decent debator even though i'm only 19 :)

Outsourced to other companies? The company in particular has shut down two of it's plants and is moving it's headquarters to Atlanta, GA. My dad has been in the WOOD industry.... something that will most likely remain a US based industry. Why? Shipping prices. Have you ever bought a pressboard enteraintment center? They weigh a freakin' ton. So even if you could have them made in China for pennies. It would cost more than it was worth to have them shipped over and not damaged.

I took debate in HS for fun and was "begged" to be on the debate team every year. I chose to work instead. :D I'm all about debating online.... it's the name calling that iritates me. Those that can't argue a point, escalate it to a childish level. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.