overheating

mdjay said:
Tell you what, let's put your car to the test! Run it down the track once or twice on a hot day, then immediately after, idle the car for a while and tell me if it starts to cool down. If it works, I'll give you the benefit. However, you gotta tell me the actual temp you are running :)

Sounds like a bet ;)

Think we will remember this by the time August roles around and we get those 100+ days ;) I should have the JME's by then too :nice:

If you car is overheating on 40 degree days its a major problem. When the car has been running for a while feel your upper and lower radiator hoses and your heater hoses.....it sounds like you have a blockage in the system.

If it were me, I would first take out the therostat and see if the car runs cooler....in theory that would tell me the thermostat wasn't working and I need a new one....if its the same....then I would look for a clog in the radiator....have it flushed. IIRC if it s aclogged radaitor the lower hose will be significantly cooler even when the car is close to overheating.....also check to make sure you have the spring in the lower hose...last time i bought hoses NAPA sold me a lower hose with no spring and said I didn't need it....yeah right....you could watch it collapse as the car warmed up :bang:

• Sponsors (?)