PA Inspection and my frustrations

chiznitz

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2001
Tower City, PA
A long long time ago..(5 years) I built my 5.0 from a 2.3L Lx. I made it a show car with a carb etc etc. Then 2 years later PA passed some emissions laws and I haven't tried to get the car on the road since...and now i am.

Question..if I get a collectible title will I be exempt from them saying the car does not have EFI and the original one had EFI.... On the safety inspection side, not the EFI side?

• Sponsors (?)

Please don't post anymore of the DMV Sites. I appreciate the help but I have read every article there is including the inspection manuals. I have called both the emissions side and the safety side. Now they did tell me that they think I would be ok as a collectible however they expect me to give them receipts from 5 years ago when I built the car. The main one being that of the wrecked mustang I bought off of ebay for $700 to make the swap.... I never had a receipt for that and we took it to the junkyard when we were done with it.

So now they want me to go to a scrapyard and have them charge me tax on all the **** on my car that I dont' have a receipt for.

Please don't post anymore of the DMV Sites. I appreciate the help but I have read every article there is including the inspection manuals. I have called both the emissions side and the safety side. Now they did tell me that they think I would be ok as a collectible however they expect me to give them receipts from 5 years ago when I built the car. The main one being that of the wrecked mustang I bought off of ebay for $700 to make the swap.... I never had a receipt for that and we took it to the junkyard when we were done with it.

So now they want me to go to a scrapyard and have them charge me tax on all the **** on my car that I dont' have a receipt for.

That's easy. Print yourself up a receipt, spill coffee on it, and leave it on the dashboard in the hot sun for a week.

Pm n8miller he works with inspections..

In PA, If car is driven less than 5000 miles per year, you are exempt from emissions testing. Also, not all counties in PA have emissions testing.

I have regular tags. Mine just passed with no emissions test. Only put about 1200 miles on it last year