pats

onegreenstang

Dec 18, 2004
ok so my car is not running because of the pats i think. my theft light is blinking rappidly. i looked for a fuse in the manual but did not find one for it. is there a way to tell if it is bad or bypass the pats?

• Sponsors (?)

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so. Pump the brakes a few times to make sure the power is discharged. Then reconnect the battery. See if it is fixed.

no retune. just went to leave my house last sunday and went 2 feet and died have replaced the fuel tank, ccrm looked at all the fuses and still no spark or fuel. tried to remove the neg and let it sit but did not change anything. can i get a new pats from the junk yard and have it work? o and the theft light is blinking rappidly.

i replaced the tank so i could use the old style pump.it is a 98 so my guages do not sweep. i reset it again and nothing. how do i find out if it is in the colum or in the trunk? where is it in the trunk?

a theft light flashing while you turn the key means PATS has disabled the ignition

How do you know the pats transceiver is good? plus there are several other things other than the transceiver that can go bad..

The pats system receives the signal from the key and this code is sent over the network to the instrument cluster module.. then this travels over the network to the PCM.. you can have many different things go wrong that can cause the symptoms you have.

The first thing you need to do is scan the modules for codes and do a network test.

most common problems I have seen with the pats system are..

1. the fuse for the transceiver..
2. the chip in the key went bad
3. wiring to the transceiver.

there are also many other things that can go wrong but those are the most common and will require a ford scan tool or a high end aftermarket scanner to fix

BTW the fuel pump will not acctivate durring a pats fault.