PCV setup with a supercharger (just come on in)

I know that this topic has been beaten to a dead horse, shot and run over on more than one occasion. The purpose of this thread is mainly for discussion since i'm new to supercharging and would like to gain some insight on this topic. I have already hit the search button on multiple forums and have come up with a general concensus that there is no right answer as far as the topic goes. One man's opinion is going to change depending on the setup that they have experience with.

With that being said, I have found that everyone likes to run the open breather setup and be done with it. The problem that I have is that I would like to keep the mess to a minimum if at all possible. So I would like to first start off with the stock PCV system. On all these images that I put together I concentrated on the PCV system only. If there is something that I missed I will be more than happy to fix the image and repost it.

View attachment 233437
Stock system in all its glory. Pretty much just using this as a reference.

Now for the setup that most are using the open breathers with a catch can.
View attachment 233438
Like previously stated I really don't want to run this setup if at all possible but will switch to it if need be.

This is what I've come up with for the system that I was thinking about using.
View attachment 233439

Pretty much its just the stock system plumbed into the supercharger. Now my thinking on this is that I can retain the stock setup per say and not have to worry about the mess. Effectiveness is my next issue. What i'm noticing with the stock style setup is that it can't keep up with the amount of air flow that is in the crankcase. I mainly see this as a hose sizing problem.

So what i'm asking of you guys and gals is to help me pick this apart and see if its doable.
1. Run a 88 turbocoupe PCV to handle the boost pressure at the valve itself.
2. Run a check valve as a added security measure.
3. Homemade separator plumbed into the vacuum line to the intake.
4. Catch can plumbed inline going to the supercharger inlet tube
5. Check valve again.
6. Hoses that are big enough to support the system.

Sorry for the long thread but i'm trying to make sure that my thinking on the system is correct. If there are any suggestions by all means share. Thanks for the help in advance.

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Matt,

I run my PCV system as illustrated in #3 with a vented catch can. So far it has been working excellent vs. that setup with no catch can which was wetting my MAF with oil. The separator ( I run a steeda) also seems to be working.

I currently use TFS valvecovers with the matching oil fill. Now, previously I had to run a baffled grommet from sucking oil out. I have since removed the lower baffle in the grommet and will be going back to an open style here for more airflow now that I have a catch can.

I guess I would also be interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this matter. I can also provide some pictures if anyone is interested.

from what i have read.

In your second pic, people have eliminated the PCV and line and capped off the opening.

use a Turbo or S/C Thunderbird PCV so it only flows one way with a oil serperator and relocate the valve cover fill hose so it goes to the powerpipe instead of the charged pipe.
I plan on using this method.

please post pics hanky. I'd like to see your setup.

I just run a breather filter on the stock valve cover and a stock PVC and don't have much problems. the breather filter is a damp with oil but i don't have any drips from it. I usually just wipe out really good every time i clean the engine.