pedal oddities

I"ve just picked up my new stang and boy do i love it. Beats the MX-6 i owned hands down. i do have a concern though.

basically, my gas pedal is set well back from the brake and clutch. it makes it almost impossible to do heel-toe driving. is this normal? if it is, is there anyway to adjust this? i'd like to bring it up more inline with the others. it's set about 4-6 inchs closer to the firewall then the others.

• Sponsors (?)

DanM said:
Here's the exact link. It's easy, takes about 10 minutes. I did it and I found the pedal position MUCH more comfortable.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

10 minutes, you must be a midget gymnast or something. it took me about 10 hours. that thing is a bitch to get to.

does anyone know how to remove the pedal completely? i couldn't disconnect the cable from it to remove it.

whenever i've had to work on something under the dash, i flip over like i'm sitting in the seat, but upside down, my feet touch the roof, but damn it's easy to get to stuff, it looks funny as hell when you walk up on me, but hey, whatever get's the job done.

hiattwl said:
whenever i've had to work on something under the dash, i flip over like i'm sitting in the seat, but upside down, my feet touch the roof, but damn it's easy to get to stuff, it looks funny as hell when you walk up on me, but hey, whatever get's the job done.

actually, i have had the best luck when doing that, but in addition, i take out the driver's seat.

JOSTANG75 said:
What kind of pedals did you get and how long was the install?

i got bullitt pedals, i think my wife bought them from stangnet partshopper (because i also got a stangnet t-shirt). it took about 2.5 hours i'd guess. but i did redo the mustangworld.com gas pedal mod that is being talked about above at the same time.