Roush people cant drive

today around noon I was heading back to the house on dorchester rd from dropping a bill off for some work I did over the weekend, as most of you would know it was doing nothing short of pooring down rain (pretty much all of the southeast), anyhow...some lady decided to attempt a u-turn in the middle of the road from the median, got half way out in the road, decided to finally pay attention and saw me. at this time I slam on the brakes (god bless the new hawk pads and stainless lines) and I continue to just slide forever and ever with the wheels locked up. She has enough time to throw the car in reverse and get MOST of the car out of the way. Its quite odd how it all happened, but nevertheless some contact was made, but not to terribly bad. The black trim around the car met her bumper and took majority of the scraping, but there are some scratches and stuff all down the side of my car, however there are no dents. I was able to do some swift manuvering along with hers and avoid any rough impact. So basically the entire driveside needs painted b/c of some scratches. If you saw the car, you would think "wow he got in a wreck", but nevertheless its got enough scratches and stuff over it to justify painting it. Its really surprising how little damage there ended up being considering we made contact and the fact the center of my front bumper was gonna hit her in the front wheels just moments prior. we both got lucky that it wasnt that bad.

as her bumper made its way down the side of my car, somehow my rear centercap got killed and the rim got nicked, it looks a little bent to me..so i dont know. Just thought i'd share.

• Sponsors (?)

Fox Mustangs (pre anti-loc) are allergic to rain. They won't stop on wet surfaces in a panic. I know this because I've owned my convertible for 19 years. "LOL" Been there done that.
They don't stop very fast while pulling a 19'ft ski boat either. OH MY GOD! I'm having flash backs.

Tim,

Sorry to hear about your incident. I hope it was not a minivan or a Camry. If there is a wreck, usually one of the two or both are involved! I avoid them like the plague.
Good look bringing your car back to new again!
Bart

the damage is about a $1000 worth, and a guy I know will paint the car for $1500, so to be $500 out of pocket on fresh paint isnt bad.

Alot of the scratches will buff out surprisingly, but there are some places where there are "giant" sized rock chips that make it in my opinion worth respraying that side. Im assuming Im going to have to fight about the paint, and replacement of the rim.

My arguement, the car is a saleen, its rare, and leaving open rock chips on a metal body is only going to further the damage when it rusts out. The wheel is irreplacable, but can be found in time for $250 and if they want to argue these points, mark at pas said he'd talk to them about the car :)

The damage isnt that bad, so any money put in my pocket towards paint will atleast help the cause I guess. But i'll be fighting for paint + wheel.

Just an update, I had a friend of my mom who owns a body shop give me an estimate on the work. It came out to $1252, it painted above the black trim from the front to rear fender and up on the roof. I am also requesting $250 to replace the rear back rim that is bent as well, so about $1500. The car belonged to a dealership and they said they would rather just cut me a check then put it through the insurance. There is no body damage other then paint so I have nothing to worry about aside from that. I will be taking this $ to another friend who will in turn paint the entire car for the $1500 :)

The car at this point I would consider it a 9.5 out of 10, and would probably make $3500 off the sale of it without hesitation considering I didnt put $1 into the interior, engine bay, or paint :) I have to go to that dealership tomorrow to finalize everything and hopefully next monday the car will head to paint if it all works out.