performance questions and suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

if you do buy a package deal get the trick flow or edelbrock. but if go with trick flow and get the twisted wedge heads you will need new pistons. always with aftermarket heads check piston to valve clearance. stock pistons cant handle any more then 1.90 intake valves. i learned this the hard way with my afr 185 heads. if you do not buy a package deal it will be cheaper because you can find used parts for cheap.

i have a stock 92 lx with jba ceramic coated shorties and 2.5 inch exhaust and flowmaster 40 series mufflers and 4 cats just wondering how much more power it would be putting out with out runing it on a dyno and what i should do to it next

T-5 or AOD? I'm guessing 215rwhp/265rwtq with a 5-speed if those are really your only mods.

For your next mods, it depends on what you want to do with it. If you're doing the street/strip thing, you can't go wrong with UPR suspension, Mickey Thompson tires, and an ATI ProCharger. That's like my magic recipe for fun! :flag:

Here are my first two steps with my current Fox Mustang:

1989 Ford Mustang LX - Fox Buildup

1989 Mustang LX Upgraded - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

yes the h-pipe is stock and would you recomend gettin rid of the cats thanks for all the input and im really not looking to go cheap and buy used parts and yes going for more of a street/strip so i think my mind is made up on what to do thanks every one

A offroad pipe will free up some HP and give you a huge increase in the way the car sounds, I prefer X pipes now days but a H-pipe works just fine.

Can you weld? A good full length subframe connector is a good choice from the start to keep the body from twisting, youll feel the difference as soon as you install them. It also gives you a strong lifting/supporting point for a jack and jackstands. Then like Sharad I am partial to the UPR suspension products as well, any suspension upgrade is worthy to a stock set-up.