pics of different headers on GT40P heads?

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
my friend just got a set and I wanted to see pics of clearance with different brand headers if anybody has any ? I have heard of few people running stock shorties with them with short plugs and 90 degree boots , anybody got pics of some like this ???? I have read alot on this but pictures are worth a thousand words we all know that

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
my friend just got a set and I wanted to see pics of clearance with different brand headers if anybody has any ? I have heard of few people running stock shorties with them with short plugs and 90 degree boots , anybody got pics of some like this ???? I have read alot on this but pictures are worth a thousand words we all know that

you really don't have a lot of "real" choices, if you want to do it the right way. I think mac makes a pair, and ford racing. I went with the ford racing ceramic coated headers. Summit took $300 of my hard earned money for these, but in quality, they're worth every cent. You can get these but with the stainless finish for about $225

these have just been installed, but not fired up yet on a gt40p explorer engine that's just gone in.
cobramotor.jpg

are BBK shorties the only other option besides the ford racing ones, or modified flowtech longtubes ???? I was wordering how the flowtech shorties would compare to the BBK shorties , I can make me a socket like that easy and the flowtech shorties I can get dirt cheap ......

This is a great idea. If we can get more pics or peoples expierience of what does and doesn't work on P heads (Pics would be the best). Maybe we can get this stickied so everyone will have the answers to the P header dilemma!

Here's my contribution on the " Doesn't work well" side.

Unless you cut and weld, Flowtech LT's fit horrible on P heads.

Mustang072.jpg

Mustang089.jpg

Attachments

• Mustang072.jpg
    Mustang072.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 273
  • Mustang089.jpg
    Mustang089.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 218
95GTAODE said:
This is a great idea. If we can get more pics or peoples expierience of what does and doesn't work on P heads (Pics would be the best). Maybe we can get this stickied so everyone will have the answers to the P header dilemma!

Here's my contribution on the " Doesn't woek well" side.

Unless you cut and weld, Flowtech LT's fit horrible on P heads.

Mustang072.jpg

Mustang089.jpg

this pic is with regular length plugs though right ? looks to me if you spent a little extra on the shorty plugs you would have a better fit with these longtubes ?? or would it not be enough difference to worry about ?? anybody got pics ??? sticky this guys the pics are worth alot to people thinking about these heads .....

Attachments

• Mustang072.jpg
    Mustang072.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,948
  • Mustang089.jpg
    Mustang089.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 329
The biggest problem, is getting plugs out again. If I'm lucky, I could get 4 or 5 plugs out, and the shorty's wouldn't make much of a difference. Besides, the Accel shorties for P heads are almost a $100 a set! I'll try and get better pics of them in the car and on both sides so you guy's can see.

Edit: Better Pics of plug clearance.
Pass. Side:
Picture075.jpg

Drivers Side:
Picture076.jpg

I can get the first 3 plugs on the pass. side(#1,2&3), and the last plug on the drivers(#8).

Attachments

• Picture075.jpg
    Picture075.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 527
  • Picture076.jpg
    Picture076.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 269