Pics of ROH Snypers please!

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I've been wrestling with what rims to get for my car for a while, when it finally dawned on me that I could get the powdercoat white 17x9 ROH snypers sitting in my driveway refurbished for a lot cheaper than new replica rims would cost. I had gotten them a while back off Ebay for 400.00 with new Sumitomos on them, so I'm already ahead of the game cost wise. I ran them for two years, killed the tires, and thanks to a clinical for school during a snowstorm, managed to chew up two of the rim lips on a curb. They came powdercoated white, but I've seen them polished and they look amazing. They have some curb rash, and they need to be stripped, but they could be redone in a polished and clear coated finish, or some kind of metallic hypercoat if I want to pay more, and fixed to new condition for like 150 each by a local wheel refurbishing company in R.I. I always loved how they looked on my 87. Anyone have pics of them on a newer mustang? Preferably 99+, but anything helps and I can use my imagination. Thanks dudes! :nice:

PS- I searched, and even in the rim pics forums, people have taken down the pics of them...

• Sponsors (?)

I've only managed to track this one down:

SCR.jpg

Thanks for the opinion. Honestly, I like 'em, and I don't want to be like every other dude out there running Saleen knock offs, FR500 knock offs, or the always popular Bullitts and Cobra Rs. Ingenuity and uniqueness has gone by the wayside for popular mustang approval nowadays. So, if you have pics to post, please do, but picking on the wheels does nothing for me.

I just got off the phone with Northeast Wheel Restoration, and they said they can totally fix them up to new, and get them coated in 'metallight', a supposedly crazy strong finish that looks either dark or regular chrome, for $250.00 per wheel. I'll probably go with the dark chrome, it looks like the hypercoated rims out there and will really look good with the DSG paint on my car.

Those arn't bad looking, but they are 5 spoke which pretty much looks
like a lot of other wheels. Sell those to a V6 owner to help finance some
new ones. Seems like too much time and effort for some not that special wheels.

Well, I'd be willing to spend that because I like the wheels, they're light, they have a nice offset that pushes them out for nice traction and handling, and no one else is running them. I don't want to be another guy with run of the mill fad rims. Also, they aren't made in a dark chrome finish, so I can't buy what I want new, and when they're done I'd have the only set like that. These rims go for $220 new in polished finish only. I'll replace the stock cone style center caps with some regular flat Mustang ones, and they'll look great IMO. Similar to Cobra style rims, but different enough to make me happy. I've always tried to be unique with my car setups, I don't want to pull into a mustang show or meet with my car and see 4 more of the same thing just in different colors.

I do wish they made 18s, but I'm not that broken up about it. 17x9s out back with some nice wide tires will look good, plus I autocross, so having 18s can cause some fender rub issues under hard turning. Plus, 17s give my car a nice ride height. 18s brought it too high off the ground when i had them.

The story behind the car is Sean Hyland Motorsports did it in conjunction with Sports Car Revolution, a speed channel show that does car build-ups. Whatever wheel/tire company that sponsors the show sent those wheels and they used them as part of their budget build. That's why you probably won't find the wheels through SHM. I believe they are made overseas, but I could be wrong.

Here's some info on the car:
http://www.sportscarrevolution.com/2000mustang.htm

Thanks! :nice: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them in a dark chrome finish, I think hypercoated they'll look sick. If I replace the stock cone center caps with some nice black ones with the Mustang logo, they'll look sick on my car.