pics of typhoon intake manifold

• Sponsors (?)

Doesnt look to bad...runners are surpringly CLEAN. I really want to see a before/after with JUST the intake being changed to see what this thing can do on the adverage 2V.

And thanks for the pictures :nice:

Here they are.....

img02490iz.jpg

img02481bk.jpg

img02513di.jpg

img02526gv.jpg

img02532he.jpg

Attachments

• img02490iz.jpg
    img02490iz.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 63
  • img02481bk.jpg
    img02481bk.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 77
  • img02513di.jpg
    img02513di.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
  • img02526gv.jpg
    img02526gv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 84
  • img02532he.jpg
    img02532he.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 77
Stang|ess said:
If it makes power, then nothing really wrong with buying that if you've done everything else already.
I agree with you to an extent. It really depends on how much you're willing to pay for X amount of hp. Which in this case, I dont think this piece is worth it for power unless you have a built motor, FI, heads or cams, etc.

Now, if you are going for durability over the stocker, then by all means it beats the cost of a Bullitt, RR or P-51.

helty said:
Now, if you are going for durability over the stocker, then by all means it beats the cost of a Bullitt, RR or P-51.
The funny thing is, is that the only durability issues associated with the stock manifold had to do only with cracking the all plastic coolant crossover on the early PI/NPI intakes. Since all 2V Mustangs mid-'01 and up have now got an aluminum one and replacement intakes now all come standard with the aluminum crossover, the durability issue has been solved. When you take this into consideration....who really cares if the rest of the stock intake is made of plastic? The problem prone spots have been address and the fact that the rest of it is still made of plastic is actually a good thing. It means it won’t conduct near as much heat as an all aluminum one would.

Just something to ponder.

i doubt that your average bolt-on mustang owner is going to get it unless they are spraying... i know that if i ever decide to spray ill buy a metal intake... when it comes to nitrous im going to have like 1200 bucks into just keeping it safe lol.