Picture of the DIY turbo kit.

• Sponsors (?)

94whitesnake said:
holy mother of all jet turbine impellers! Do you have to rev to 6 grand to start seeing boost???

:rlaugh: I was thinking 5k, but you are probably right.

Are those header pipes completely custom, or did you start with some long tubes and modify it from there?

What are the specs on that turbo?
Scott

The turbo ia a UTV9406. The headers were completely made from scratch. I have to get a good clutch in the car before turning the power up. I am shooting for 1000rwhp full kill and 600-700 on pump gas. I hope to turn the power down to about 400-500 for street cruises and tire life. AutoX will be fun with the boost turned down. Amazingly enough the car is still pretty snappy.

I fixed your link for the lazy people who didnt want to click the link. Looks good man, let us know what kind of numbers it puts down when you get the clutch in. :nice:

jay4.JPG

i'd like a few more pics on your work. I always like to see the intracacies (sp?) of the DIY kits for ideas. It looks awesome. and that's nice fabbing with the alternator, stumped me for a sec..

BTW what kind of intake is that?

If you do get pics could they be: 1.Your transition from drivers to passenger side header 2.Where you routed the downpipes