Please read! You Need To know this!!!

TOM B

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
Harrisburg Pa
Im building a 302-347 stroker. I bought a pair of Edelbrock RPM head # 60269
with Crane Cams Energizer roller rockers to complete the setup.
Sound good right, WRONG. As I was checking the geometry of of the rockers to the valve tip I came across a big problem so listen up ford fans.
The problem was that I could not get the rockers roller tip to center on the valve tip. I have a adjustable pushrod for this. The roller was just hitting on the intake side of the valve tip which is NOT correct. So I checked the part # of my rockers and it was correct # 11746-16 but something was wrong so I called Crane cams. Well I found out from there teck that these rockers are made for a small block chevy "and have the same part number". I built a few of those chevy's to, and to test my memory I think the chevy rockers are about .030 thousands shorter than Fords Small block. The teck said that was correct and will fit the sb ford Edelbrock head. That was just a down right lie from Crane. The rockers DO NOT FIT I told him and they will ruin a new set of 1500 dollar heads. Then he said that I should buy the GOLD Race rockers from Crane as they are correct for Fords, so he just admitted the Energizer rockers dont fit. I then called Edelbrock and they said they know of this problem Crane cams has with this rocker and that Crane is to cheap to make a correct Energizer rocker that fits there heads so they pass off the chevy rocker. A fit all if you will.
If you buy a set of Edelbrock heads, DONT USE THE CRANE ENERGIZER rockers. They will destroy your new heads!!!!!
I made a big fuss about this to Edelbrock and to Summit as I think they should print this warning in there NOTES to warn customers of this no fit part.
Sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)

I put Edelbrock RPM heads and intake with the crane 1.6 energizer RR and crane 2040 cam on last week and they fit perfect. Been running this set up for 200 miles took off the valve covers yesterday checked for the problem you are taking about and everything is centered and lined up perfect and the lenght is fine..

myroc said:
I put Edelbrock RPM heads and intake with the crane 1.6 energizer RR and crane 2040 cam on last week and they fit perfect. Been running this set up for 200 miles took off the valve covers yesterday checked for the problem you are taking about and everything is centered and lined up perfect and the lenght is fine..

Good, some combos might work fine. There are many variables here, like if the block was decked or even what the hieght off the new Edelbrock heads are from the factory. You can sometimes make the rocker work if you install longer pushrods, this will push the roller tip farther out on the valve tip but you must watch the angle here then also. The fact remains that the Crane Energizer STUD mount rockers # 11746 are Built for the Chevy , not the ford, and are .030 thousands shorter when mounted on Edelbrock heads, Crane admitted this is true, I didnt make this up. I did send them back and got Summits brand roller rocker and you can see the fit is better. I now can get the right contact patch on the valve tip.