Please read....

Trav4011

Jan 3, 2006
I am starting this thread to try and gather information to put a stop to a local scammer/thief. I believe that he has done business on this forum and other Mustang forums. His name is Eric Irving. I know that one of his forum names is "Cool Blu R" or something to that effect.

Several of my local friends have been screwed over by this individual, and I know, from what they tell me, is that several people online have been through the same with him. His latest dealing.. is with a friend of mine who owns a 2003 Cobra. My buddy gave Eric around 12K (10K or so in cash, and over 2K in parts that were taken/sold from his car) for a Livernois built stroker, and a turbo kit. This was the summer of LAST year.. Since then, Eric has given my buddy the run-around, telling him that the companies that he gave the money to for parts, have gone out of business, and that it's "not his problem". However, my buddy contacted Livernois, and they are definately still in business:rlaugh:. We're not sure about the turbo company, since he's told my buddy 2 or 3 different company names since last year.
The latest incident... He paid for a Apton stage 3 ported blower and install. Eric performed the install on his car, and the car put down some awesome numbers. A bit later, my buddy gave him the car to swap out a set of headers/x-pipe, which he had sold to another local guy. Eric decided to steal my buddy's blower, which he had installed, and swap it with his buddy's stock blower!! He gave the car back, and told my buddy that it felt slower because of the change in the headers/x-pipe. Well, a few months went by, and my buddy pops his engine (detonation). Upon disassembly, we were startled to find that he had a bone stock blower on his car. So, he was running around at 14psi of boost, with a bone stock blower. When questioned.. Eric's excuse was that he didn't really know my buddy at the time, as a friend.. WTF?! So, just because you're not good friends with someone... that gives you the right to steal thier blower? :nonono:

But, this isn't the end of the story...

Eric was supposed to provide my friend with a Livernois built stroker, with Oliver crank/rods and CP pistons. Of course, this never materialized.. So, he decides that he's going to have a local shop build the engine for my friend. Hesitantly, he agreed.. Well, come to find out, the engine has a STOCK stroke crankshaft, Manley rods, and some unknown brand of piston. Probably 1500.00 worth of parts from Ebay.. My buddy wanted ARP studs and Cometic gaskets... he got Felpro gaskets and stock head bolts... Keep in mind, this is an engine that's supposed to see around 7-800whp in the future..

So, at this point, my friend is pretty much down and out.. and doesn't know what to do. He's out over 12K in parts and cash, almost a year after he paid Eric. So, I am stepping in, and I'm going to help him. Another guy that he screwed over, locally, is good friends with the local District Attorney. We are setting up a meeting to sit down and present all of the facts/information to him next week. What I would like to do, is get anyone else who's been screwed over by this guy, to PM me. I'll need all of your information.. Name, address, phone number, and a contact email address. Give me a rough run-down of what you paid and what it was for.. Also, if you have retained payment documentation, that will be very helpful as well.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that we can put a stop to this guy's BS..

Travis

• Sponsors (?)

Trust me... we could do that.. lol.. But, what good what it do? All that's going to do, is give him something to press charges against us for, and put it in bad standings with the court to settle this issue. Threatening him with jail time should make him cough up the money.. even if he has to go and borrow it from his daddy.

Travis

Ok, so a guy named Eric installed a blower on your friends car, then later on he stole it when he was supposed to be doing other work ... And when questioned, he said that he was not friends with him at the time. Whoever questioned him settled for that as an answer??? Didn't ask "Did you steal my blower mofo?" Did he ever admit to stealing it? I would have made him explain to me then and there what the deal was. I would not have left until I had an answer.

Regardless, that really sucks for your friend. I hate people that are only out to scam others in some way or another .. :nonono:

"What goes around comes around"

so your friend gave someone 10g's in cash plus parts and all he got was an IOU ?????? How Stupid are you and your friends? Where are you from, Mayberry...WTF...why didn't you just buy a new stroker and turbo if you had 10g's in cash?

Why did your buddy wait a month or 2 before he looked under the hood after the install of the headers and x? If his car felt dramatically slower don't you think you would question things alittle bit? Or even pop the hood to look at how the new headers look? Am I reading something wrong here? Someone please enlighten me because this is rediculous! :shrug:

fiveO92 said:
Why did your buddy wait a month or 2 before he looked under the hood after the install of the headers and x? If his car felt dramatically slower don't you think you would question things alittle bit? Or even pop the hood to look at how the new headers look? Am I reading something wrong here? Someone please enlighten me because this is rediculous! :shrug:

he had a ported S/C and which they took and swapped it with a stock eaton

He paid to Eric, who was the supposed "Ford Guru" around town, to have a engine built, turbo kit and installation into his Cobra. At the time (almost a year ago), I did not know the guy.. Otherwise, I would have warned him about dealing with Eric. He paid through Paypal, and has reciepts for the order.. So, he's not stupid about it.. He just didn't know the bad side about this guy.

I really don't want this to turn into a flame fest.. I simply want it out here, so that if anyone else has dealt with him.. we can get thier info to help prosecute this guy... or maybe get some of the money back.

Travis

Trav4011 said:
He paid to Eric, who was the supposed "Ford Guru" around town, to have a engine built, turbo kit and installation into his Cobra. At the time (almost a year ago), I did not know the guy.. Otherwise, I would have warned him about dealing with Eric. He paid through Paypal, and has reciepts for the order.. So, he's not stupid about it.. He just didn't know the bad side about this guy.

I really don't want this to turn into a flame fest.. I simply want it out here, so that if anyone else has dealt with him.. we can get thier info to help prosecute this guy... or maybe get some of the money back.

Travis

I know what you are saying, but realistically you don't need anybody else's experiences. The recipts and your witnessing the experience should be plenty to press charges. How many people got 'took'? ...... no flames intended ......

DTNODYA said:
I know what you are saying, but realistically you don't need anybody else's experiences. The recipts and your witnessing the experience should be plenty to press charges. How many people got 'took'? ...... no flames intended ......

Oh.. I know.. we've got enough to go on alone, but the more people we get involved, the stronger the case will be. That I know of, there's at least 3 people locally that have been scammed in one way or another.

The first guy got scammed out of a set of headers for his lightning (this was almost 2 years ago)

The second guy is the person mentioned in this thread

The third guy is a guy that got screwed on a engine build/blower install... and ended up having to take his car to Modular Powerhouse to have it fixed/tuned properly.

See, the thing is... this guy was friends with all of these people.. so, they have been hesitant to file charges against him. But, it's to the point, now that they really have no other choice. From what my buddy tells me, he's gotten wind of the impending *****-storm that's about to hit, and he's trying to wheel and deal. He offered my buddy a Whipple kit and the locally built engine, plus some cash back. It turns out, that the engine IS a stroker, but it doesn't contain the parts that he paid for.. It's got Manley rods, unknown brand crankshaft, and what appears to be Probe pistons. No head work, no Livernois build, no Oliver rotating assembly. That's Eric, though.. always trying to wheel and deal.. He called him the day after this was posted, offering this "deal"... lol.. what a coincidence. :lol:

Travis