please tell me I am right

shawnaj7731

Jan 19, 2006
:lol:
Here we go, my buddy has and an 02 gt and he is so cheap. He wants to put an aftermarket h pipe on with high flow cats but does not want to spend the money for it. So this what he told me he is going to do. As we all know we have 4 cats on our h pipe he says he going to cut the bottom two off and just clamp in some piping and that should be equal to him getting high flow cats. When told me this I could not stop laughing but he was so serious that he got pist at me for laughing, Please tell me this will not work work..........or is he correct. Is it even possible he wants to keep his car legal for inspection and he say 2 cats is fine.

• Sponsors (?)

im guessing your buddy is no older than 17?
:nonono:
big nono. hes gonna have a few leaks in that system for sure. the above poster is correct. he can get an o/r pipe for under $200. mine cost me $150 brand new from UPR

Yup, you're right and tell him to not waste his time doing that. He's gonna have all sorts of leaks and crap. Might as well just suck it up and get an aftermarket catted h-pipe

I'm pretty sure the cats are all required to do the complete job. I think I remember reading somewhere, that the first cats are pre-heated cats, or something goofy like that, and the second ones do something else. Like both catalyst changes are required to make the exhaust emissions acceptable. I bet if you chop just the rears, you'll fail a sniffer test.