plugs and wires

I have a 95 Cobra, I was gonna buy a set of plug wires and plugs to wake it up a bit. I was looking at the Ford Racing 9mm wires, but I wanted to know if anyone out there had a suggestion of what wires and plugs I should get. the bosch platinum are just too much $ for spark plugs.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't bother with the Bosch, the stock Ford wires and new stock plugs are fine unless you get a hot coil and/or an ignition amplifier. If either wakes the motor up, it's because they needed replacement and the "wake up" is the engine returned to "original" performance.

I replace or clean/re-gap plugs once or twice a year (5-10k per year miles), and you can check your wires with a resistance check. Remove both ends and Ohm each wire out, they should have no more than 1000 Ohms/foot resistance. With a hotter coil or ignition amplifier, you'll need lower (9mm) resistance wires and then you can open up the stock spark plug gap for a performance gain.

Thanks. I ended up getting some Taylor Spiralmax 8mm wires and some NGK plugs. I didnt think I needed to go for the FRPP 9mm cuz like u said i have a stock ignition so i have no use for 9mm. The new wires are red so they look nice for shows and i guess they give a bit better performance cuz the old plugs and wires were original.