Poke-n fun of the 6-71?

I like them. I like the way they sound, I like the way the look, and I like the message they convey to the guy sitting at the light next to you.
I just can't bring myself to hack a hole in my hood to stuff one through it. The current hotrod mag has a feature on a 2011 w/ a 6-71, nitrous, and a bug catcher. It looks really cool as well.

It always seemed to me though that the intake manifold to put a 6-71 on a Ford engine was always really a bonafide "adapter" and because of the distributor being in the front, forced an already huge box to have to sit even higher, and never really a "blower manifold" like the ones available for Chevy motors.

That has been the main reason I have always had reservations about buying one.

Yea getting around the distributor problem is a pain.
Far as the intake goes Hampton offers one that's pretty good
when it comes to "hacking" a hole in the hood I have a jig saw and no fear
customization is modification LOL

overkill011.jpg

I ended up not using the stock heater tube. I drilled and taped the rear of the intake for the heater hose. That's a Hampton intake, It sits low and flows well. I run a mallory "crab cap"-still a tight fit-

blowerpics007.jpg

Attachments

• overkill011.jpg
    overkill011.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 74
  • blowerpics007.jpg
    blowerpics007.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

Cars are very much like women. Some guys like tall slim, blond gals and others like shorter, curvy brunettes. While I probably wouldn't do what you did, I admire the effort and quality work that is evident in the photos of you automotive creation. Keep up the good work!

A/C on a hot rod!! 6-71!! LOVE IT!

I get asked all the time why I made the A/C work in my 93 with the newer dash, complaing that "you don't need it", "It adds weight", "blah blah blah"...

My car weighs 3360 with the swapped dash and me in it. Whats 30 more lbs and freeeeeeezin' my weewee off in 100* days? Worth it.

I think your car is bad azz and "hataz goin' hate".

A little part of me thinks that is badass. The difference on stangnet at least is these are mainly street cars with a few serious racers in the mix. While i couldn't see myself throwing it on a fox in street trim and it's obviously not the most efficient forced induction, I'd love to throw one on a windsor based motor in a drag car purely because the power difference can be made up one way or another and it looks badass