Polish and wax

frankie_b11

Sep 28, 2008
Hey gang,
I have a black 06 gt. I have used a number of products in the past. I know that black gets swirls and orange peel. I have used Klasse, all in one and Klasse sealant. I am also a fan of Meguires tech wax.

So the question is what do you guys prefer for dark cars as far as waxes and polishes.

• Sponsors (?)

Its not exotic, and its not expensive.... NU Finish - The once a year polish. Obviously I like using it more than once a year. Easy on.. easy off, and you can use it in direct sunlight. I sort of watch the my kids play in the culdesac while waxing the car, and getting a tan. I use it on my Black Expedition, White Mustang, and a Red Jetta.

I will say that it does put off alot of dust residue so on the black you need to go light and it is a bit of a pain because it does get into the knooks and crannies. I did have a polish at one time that dried clear and it made the dust a none issue on the black, I will try to remember it.

Everyone has their own opinion on polishes and waxes which makes it all very hard to sort out. Some say one product is good while others say it is crap. Gonna go find out what my body shop uses. My vehicles always look great when they are done with them.

How about ICE By Turtle Wax. I used it last week on the 07 and it looks awesome. I used it mainly because it can be used on everything even the weather strips . So no residue not even the matte black stripes.

I just tried the Lucas Oil Slick Mist and it's awesome. It's sort of a spray on wipe off quick detailer with wax in it. Works on clearcoat, glass, everything. It worked so great It pissed me off when it brought out all the scratches and swirl marks I put on my damn car from going to cheap carwashes.

I better get it buffed out.

there is no "best" wax out there, it's personal preference. Poor boys has a nice affordable kit on obsessivedetail.com. Zaino is also an okay wax, but i'd prefer to use a high speed buffer so you can actual correct the paint to remove the swirls.

This is the answer, you are looking for. BEST wax out there, without spending over 100 dollars.

Really? I can think of tons of waxes under $100 that will blow Zaino out of the water.

HOW AND WHEN TO USE PASTE WAX

White Carnauba Limited Edition Concourse 50/50 Paste Wax

Poorboy's Natty's Red Paste Wax 8 oz (Limited Edition)

.. and what usually goes on my car.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Carnauba Wax is Brilliant on Red- Awesome on Black! Souvern is hand poured, one container at a time, and boxed with an

... and I recommend this but since you can't find it now unless you buy it from Canada, it's kind of a crap shoot. It's one of the best waxes ever made though, bar none. It was only discontinued due to VOC regulations in the US.

2M1611.jpg

I like nattys blue,I used to use it on my black 04 gt.The new tech wax from meq is really good too.Nattys red is good too but if you put it on too thick,its a pain to get off.Black is hard to keep up but IMO,it looks the best when freshly waxed.

i went to school for car restoration, and we allways used polish or a hand glaze, i prefer the race glaze you can find it at most autobody supply stores, most of the stuff u get from autozone or places like that isnt the most quality, i allways use a buffer and machine polish it removes pretty much all swirl marks and fine scratches

Nasty, I just ordered $170 detailing kit from pinnacle, I hope its worth it!!! ;)

and isnt orange peel natural? dont you want that? If someone was to paint my parts...shouldnt it have somewhat of an orange peel effect?

I guess thats just my opinions!

Yes orange peel is done on purpose. It's to hide imperfections in the panels from the factor. The panels can have a wavy look to them without orange peel. The painter should be matching the OEM amount of orange peel. Pinnacle makes great products. I've got the Sovereign wax on my car right now actually.

Orange peel on a new car is not a desirable quality. When repairing or replacing panels some orange peel is required to match the factory finish. New cars without orange peel do not appear "wavy".