Popping at low rpm

My car is making this popping noise in the low rpm range anywhere from 0-2000 rpm. I really have no idea what this sound is from but could it be anything with the pushrods or rocker arms maybe? Tell me your suggestions. btw what kinda gain would i see with some aftermarket rocker arms? tell me some good brands and sizes.

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of popping? You'll have to clarify a little more...

First thing that comes to mind is an exhaust leak, at a flange or the header itself. If your talking about a marble-pinging sound from the motor, that is detonation.

hmmm the sound could very well be detonation. what would cause that on a stock 5.0? i do believe there is an exhaust leak AFTER the header though. The sound is inside the motor its not a back fire (although the car does backfire when its cold and i dont knwo how to fix it) but woul detonation only happen at low rpm? when it pops the power is gone in that instant but then it comes right back. It might be the motor missing from something like valve getting stuck or somethin? I need soem help though please!!

OK the first things i would do....is just a basic tuneup..plugs wires cap rotor pcv fuel filter. It almost just sounds like then engine is miss firing. Maybe u have some bad wires or plugs...or maybe your coil isnt sending proper spark. Doesnt sound like it could be an exhaust leak you would know if it was. Thats all i can really think of from your discription. Good luck and tell us how it turns out.

well is the poping coming through the intake??? cause that would indicate a lean condition. do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?? what about plug gap??? mine does the same thing, and i think its a combination of old o2's and my pro-m maf sensor. when i crank up the fuel pressure, the problem goes away but the car is a dog under 3 grand... good luck!!!

no i dont have a fuel pressure regulator, maybe i should get one? i really cant tell exactly where its coming from except i know its motor. my o2 sensors are all factory as well. Maybe its time for a new one? weird thing is, this noise is USUALLY only made when the engine is cold.