possible fried computer?

snoboardcore

Mar 30, 2005
New Hampshire
hey guys i let my buddy use my car and it died so he jumped it. He hooked the battery cables up backwards and now the car doesn't wanna run. Its a 5spd with and auto computer in it and its pulling a tot(transmission oil temp) code which it never pulled before. Also its saying low voltage to the maff. Lastly to keep it running you have to keep your foot on the gas pedal to keep it from stalling and it runs way rich while doing so as soon as you let off the gas it dies. Tell me what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

Time to get acquainted with your multimeter. Chances are, there's a bad fusible link somewhere since that tends to be the problem with reversing the polarity on these cars. Check all of your fuses, grounds, etc while you're at it. It's not a bad idea to get your battery checked either, since it could definitely have some bad cells after being shorted to ground with another battery.

Please post the exact code numbers you got and I will try to help you. I have a very complete listing of trouble codes tailored specifically for 5.0 Mustangs.

to start I would never let your friend around your car again! Next check the fusible links and in an extreme case could have shorted out the alternator. You lucky thats all that happened.