Possible Problem?

Alaric

Aug 20, 2005
Manassas Va
I decided to change my oil after my little vacation. Went with the Mobile 1 5w20 and a Mobile 1 M1-210 filter. Everything seems fine, except I noticed that my oil pressure guage isn't at the straight perpindicular mark, its a little off to the high side (close to where the nozzile is on the picture. Sorry no other way to explain it). Is there something I should be worried about? Maybe something I missed. I checked today after getting to work, and there are no leaks. Everything seems normal when I was driving this morning.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you always used the 5/20? Is this synthetic oil?

Typically pressure will go up slightly after changing the oil due to the old oil begin broken down due to mileage. The pressure will also go up if you check the pressure when the engine is cold vs. hot (ie running for at least 20 min).

Its full synthetic, and I had let it cool for about an hour before I changed the oil/filter. I just got it from the dealership, so there is no telling what was used before, the filter was some fram filter I think, I can dig it out of the trash when I get home today.

hay you should have done a motor flush cause i bet the dealership or who ever owned it before didnt use synthetic because there was a fram oil filter on it. i bought my car and used 5w20 and it has 78000 miles on it and has been running fine and oil pressure is good. before it was above like yours when running the oil he had then when i switched it all changed. you should have done a moter flush it breaks down the oil oil to drain out and it also clears out crud in your car. just be sure next oil change to do it. or get some lucus for your engine i hear that works wonders.