power guesses on new updated combo??

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok here is my old setup

stock shortblock, b-cam advanced 4 degrees with 1.7s, thumper e7s with stock valves, typhoon intake, vortech v1 sc trim blower @ 9 psi and all the bolt ons and crap. with a t5 and 3.90 it trapped 115 in the 1/4 mile, i feel it could have nabbed a littl more at the the track ( ran low 12s easy with tire spinning on launch with crappy 60's), started running funny, ended up blowing a HG (junk felpro stock gaskets) and bending a pushrod, this was all on the stock computer.

so i took her home and tore the whole engine down the shortblock.
i am upgrading my combo.

got an F-cam which i will install straight up, will be using 1.7s again.

got my thumper heads upgraded some, had 1.94/1.6 stainless valves put in and a good dual spring etc ( i wore the old springs out, i bought the thumpers used so i dont know the history on them, so i had them replaced since i have boost and all.
the heads look good, the jump from stock to 1.9/1.6 is HUGE, thumper claims around 220 on intake side with stock valves. i am hoping the bigger valves will put it around 230-240 cfm i duno i bet it picked up some

i am also making a custom sheet metal upper manifold the plenum volume will be right around 300 ci, will be welding up the lower EGR so NO egr gases will get into the lower manifold and i will totally delete the EGR, so maybe the elimination of the hot EGR could help a bit lol.

will be running a new elec fan, doubt it will do anything but oh well makes it easier to work on stuff.
will be using 42 lb injectors and i will be using a tweecer rt and wideband o2 for tuning.

will be using the blower as it was, stock 3.33 upper with 7 inch lower pulley. make 9 psi on the old setup, i figure it will make the same on the new setup.

how much RWHP do you guys think it will make, i used some calculators on my old combo trapping 115 in a 3400lb (with me in it) car and it came up around 360 RWHP

i am personally hoping for 400 RWHP with a good tune and traps speeds of at least 120mph, i'd like the car to run low 11s ( could have nabbed high 11s last trip)

i expect the engine anc blower to respond well to the f-cam, little more duration and lift (.542 with 1.7s) and the reduced overlap i see me picking up some power with just the cam.

and the heads with bigger valves, i see that helping out some also there is alot of air heading through the engine with the blower and anything thing to make it breathe a little better like bigger valves should help out!

and for the manifold, my thinking with pressurized air, anything thing you can do to unrestrict the air will help. with the upper plenum i am eliminating that turn around like stock stuff and giving the air a more straight shot into the engine.

i also am going to run arp head stuff and some 1011-1 headgaskets, should hold up better to boost. i was toying with the idea, if the car runs well and i can get it dialed in good. i would love to add a smaller blower pulley and try to nab 11-12 psi for some more power.

do you guys think i can hit my 400RWHP goal???

• Sponsors (?)

i think you will make

1 million H.P.
Dr_Evil.jpg

hehe i wish.

after i get these running, get her tuned and maybe some more boost i will conside that combo done. i got a whole 351 engine like a week ago, its a D4 block, so its a decent block. i thought about building up a nice 351 engine. duno if i would want to N/A build with some gas or a low comp for some boost.
thought about stroking it to a 408 ;)

arent the 9333s the stock replacement gaskets?? why are they better they are cheaper lol.

it may have been what i blew before (if they include these in the felpro gasket kits)

Combo sounds good. Should make 400 with no problem. I have the felpro 1011-2 with aluminum heads and head studs. Have been holding good for 3 years with the boost. Can't be that bad? Get some pics of the new intake.:D

before it took a dump it did run good. would pull really hard and wouldnt run out of steam for nothing.

i havent drove my car for months, my DD s10 v6 is starting to feel "decent" to me now. i took a ride in a friends car, a 97 gt with gears and a t5 and it felt fast to me lol. i'm losing my sense of speed. i'm in for it when i get my car back lol i cant wait.