Power Seat Problem

paul23122

Jul 30, 2011
My driver side power seat is stuck in the full forward position and will not go back. All other directions seem to work fine. My question is that is there a way to manually get the seat to move back in order to gain access to the front bolts of the seat to repair?? Any thoughts or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The gear drives in it are messed up. Turn the seat upside down, and turn the giant ass threaded screws with a pair of lock pliers until you like the seat position. If you want to fix it, you have to replace the gear drives. I have done this on several seats.

Kurt

Thanks revhead347. I did just that but i ended up just pulling the torx bolts out and running the worm gear drive carriers(not sure what to call those) back. Does anyone know how to test the switch for the reverse setting. All other settings work on the seat.

Should be 12 volts. Jam a voltmeter in there and see if the switch is putting out something around 12 volts when you put it in the back position. It would be awesome if it was just a bad switch.

Kurt