Power steering pressure hose - braided line AN fittings?

JC6715

Oct 24, 2005
Hillsboro, Oregon
Here's the situation- '67 with 289 and recently installed hooker longtubes. Going to have to custom make a new pressure line for the PS and reroute as the stock configuration doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of working.

Would I be safe in making a new pressure line from braided SS lines and AN fittings? Been searching and haven't been able to find too much info on this. Seems like there should be becuase I can't be the first guy who's put Hooker LT's on his '67... Any help or other ideas would be awesome!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Well lookey there, I answered my own question...

For anyone interested, Russell makes power steering specific braided hose and fittings. I'm sure it's going to be ridiculously expensive, but hey it's only money right? :bang: :owned:

There are a couple of companies making p.s. hose (some braided and some not) to work with AN fittings. The tough part is finding an adaptor for the control valve. Early 67 had 1/4" fitting while later they switched to 5/16". I think they are an inverted flare (not sure) but that cuts way down on fittings. I want to do the same thing down the road, so if you figure out the fittings let me know.
Actually, I want to take it one step further: Run the lines straight to the side
of the car, attach to hard lines inside the fender well, back to soft lines at the bottom, all with an fittings. At the side, I will use a bulkhead fitting to make it look good.