Pro 5.0 installed on 04 GT!!!!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Well as promised I am posting to let you guys know how I like the shifter.....Well I LOVE it!!!, so much more positive feel, and CRAP the throw is short, if I had to guess I would say around 70%+, and unless you let out of the clutch too early, I cant see a way that you could miss 3rd if pushed in the general directon.Hitting 5th from 2nd is next to imposible, and to go back to first you would have to grab the shifter and pull it too you while pushing up to hit 1st...basically impossible if you use the palm of your hand to push it (like I do).Got it in the mail yesterday, and me and dad just installed it...installation was SIMPLE, (some complain about the instructions being vauge (sp?) but they are more than adequate unless you have ABSOLUTLY NO mechanical skills) only tricky part was to get the trim off without damaging anything, since we really dont do it much LOL.The handle is a little short, and would probably not work well for really tall people, but I just lowered my seat and moved forward a little to get it just about right.I only drove it for maybe 10 minutes but I was already gettting used to it.Its a little stiff when slamming into 3rd but its NOT bad at all for being brand new.Like everyone has said the quality and feel is worlds about the stock one...but if your not into racing, the stock one will do just fine because it is more comfortable to shift.The Pro 5.0 has basically NO slack like the stock one does, and with this shifter, you know when you hit the next gear and is far from mushy.When compared to stock, the stock looks amazingly CHEAP in design and especially in quality...also looks VERY weak.Bottom line, if you have problems shifting your stang, like missing 3rd or just cant find the gears, BUY THIS SHIFTER!Even if you think you like the stock one (like I did, I loved it) you should still buy it, its much better than the sloppy weak stocker.Also I didnt really notice any noise or vibration...if so VERY slightly, unlike the big noise increase people complain about when getting the triax....that was really one of the main reasons I got the pro 5.0, I did NOT want to sacrifice drivability or the enjoyment of driving it...and I didnt LOL.Sorry so long, but I want you guys to have a good review of this product......BUY IT, you wont regret it.

• Sponsors (?)

Another Pro-5.0 success story - those who own em, love em. All the rest buy the usual Tri-Ax. They just don't know what they are missing. (We do - we have both, and wish we had 2 Pro 5.0s!...another one for the T-45 is on the list)

04SBGT said:
Also, my 2004 GT has a Tremec 3650 tranny? I would like to know since I am a stang newb :(

TIA!

Yes it does.

I love my stock shifter. I find every gear just fine, except for the occasional not being able to get in 3rd crap but I assume thats the tranny and not the shifter. Glad you're enjoying it, now go and do some 2-3 powershifts like a champ

Awesome man. Now I really don't know which to buy. 2 of my buddies have Tri-Ax's, but nobody I know have a Pro 5.0 for me to try out. I'll find someone so I can play with it and see what all this hype is about. Thanks for the good review though man. The more opinions the better about any type of mod to a car.

Yea, I hated the fact that there were no good reviews on this product so I was pretty nervous.All people would say is like Got pro 5.0 shifts good, love it....I mean come on, thats not going to help anyone LOL.Anyways I took it out the other night, and turned around on a straight away(around 3/4s tank of gas), rolling around 15-20 in 1st, puched it, tach went over to 5500 or so, backed off the gas a little to hold around 5K, then about that time it started hooking so I pushed back in till it hit 5500-5600 (half gripping half slipping) the slapped 2nd (even though I am still learning how to shift, because I am used to 2nd coming way down so its kinda weird when it stops about were neutral used to be with the stocker LOL), and got about 1 1/2 seconds worth of rubber, then ran up to 5700-5800RPM, hit 3rd like I have never hit it before and got a nice shutter out of 3rd. (tires broke loose and kinda went sidways a little if memory serves correctly) There is no way I could have hit 3rd like that with the stock shifter.Another thing that I noticed is that I can get the TC to kick in when hitting 3rd (if its on ofcouse), before it had to be PERFECT to get it to come on, and alot of times I couldnt even chirp 3rd unless I was REALLY trying, because in the back of my mind I was always worrying about missing 3rd so I always held back. Oh and stangless like I said originally I loved my stocker too and when I first got the car I didnt miss any gear for like 2-3 months, but when I finally did, it ruined my confidance (sp?) and I started missing it about 20-30% of the time, but the bad part was that you never knew when you would miss it so I usually shut down races at the end of second partly because of that...and cops LOL.Funny thing was that I almost always missd it when I was going up the hill near my house...tried it the other night with the pro 5.0 and to tell the truth I was a little nervous cuz like i said I usually missed 3rd, but nope hit it like a champ and got a nice chirp out of it too, along with a new best speed to a sign...80MPH.Best with out the shifter or water pump was around 76...and after I hit 3rd I even let off almost all the way for a second because there was a car ahead, but then said screw it and got right back into it and still manged 80.(around 1/2 tank of gas) WOW that was long. I guess I go into TOO much detail...probably because I am always wishing that people would go into more detail when posting problems or experiences LOL.