Pro 5.0 users

DRFT_STNG

Jun 14, 2004
hey guys.. i was thinking about the Pro 50 shifter in my stang.. so i was wondering whats your input on them.. do you like them, hate them ,what?.. and i was also wondering how far back it sits compatred to the stock 5 speed shifter.. i was also wondering if anyone had pictures of theres.. and if you do have pictures what gear is it in then you took it... thanks for the help guys and girls

• Sponsors (?)

I love mine. I absolutely love it. I am fairly tall(6'2") and i have long arms so the short handle of the pro 5.0 is just perfect for me. Others like to have the tri-ax handle with the pro 5.0 base. Get the Pro 5.0.

I use a pro 50 on my tremec TKO with a hurst handle. I used a hurst shifter on my T5. I dont have any complaints about either brand, anyone of them is better than stock. I bought the tremec used and it came with the pro 50 so thats why im using it. Same with the hurst, it came on my car when I got it.

I got the pro 5.0 with the tri ax handle and it is wonderful, really solid and the only gear that youll ever miss is third, but then again, thats no different. Its a great shifter and takes abuse well. For pics of how it looks and sits, just check my sig and go to my cardomain site. I recommend it.

Pro 5.0 all the way!!!! You definitely will not regret it. I had a Hurtz (play on words) in my old Fox body GT, a buddy of mine recommended the Pro 5.0. I said if I ever got rid of the GT and build another Mustang I would get the Pro 5.0. So..............I did! Love it.

I just bought myself a tri-ax - it was between the pro5.0 and tri-ax for me, just depended on which i found first lol - ive heard great things about both so imo it's a win win.. though my steeda is coming with a blue handle? anyone know why, not that it really matters..

DRFT_STNG said:
hey guys.. i was thinking about the Pro 50 shifter in my stang.. so i was wondering whats your input on them.. do you like them, hate them ,what?.. and i was also wondering how far back it sits compatred to the stock 5 speed shifter.. i was also wondering if anyone had pictures of theres.. and if you do have pictures what gear is it in then you took it... thanks for the help guys and girls

I don't have an answer to your Q's but since you asked for imput on the Pro 50 shifter I've been watching this thread to see if anyone would bring up a problem with the shifter transmitting driveline noise or causing other kinds of noise that the stock shifter does not.

I've heard or read this somewhere, is there any truth to it?

DRFT_STNG hoping to get more info *** not hijack your thread :nice:

Later
Grady