Problems With Ford!!!

thanks for all the replys. the reason i only took it in once is because i am not a mecahnic. if a mechanic told me there is nothing wrong and i had no reason to think he would lie to me, than why would i bring it back. they told me that it was just a normal noise.

ATTN: Adrenln and shane93nc
would you guys mind emailing me a little more about your stories. i have started talking to my lawyer and she thinks this could be a case.

• Sponsors (?)

I think everyone has a bad attitude about ford dealers and their work, but what you guys dont realize is that its not as easy as you think on our side of the table. I was a tech for a few years and decided to be a servise advisor since im trying to make my way up to manager. I get irritated when i see a lot of the things posted on here, and rather than be an ass, i would rather clear these items up if possible.

1: a tech doesnt neccessarily love warranty work because it usually pays about half the actual mitchell book time-and if you were a tech, you would feel the same way. you have to look at all sides of the issue, not just yours. if you get paid 20 bucks an hour, would you like to get put on a new job for the day making 10 dollars per hour? i think not, but work is work and we all have to put food on the table! the bottom line here is that work is work for a tech, and i know my techs would never turn away work of any sort-warranty of customer pay!!

2: everything in todays cars is electronically controlled including the engine, trans-automatic that is, abs, etc. just because there isnt codes doesnt mean they cant do anything with it, but it really leaves the technician in a bad position because intermittent concerns are a pain in the ass, and 85% of the time you never can duplicate the concern even when you ask the customer to ride with and help you find the problem.

3: dealers cant just replace your parts because they want to. MOST everything that is warranty gets sent back to ford for inspection. if ford determines that the parts isnt defective, the dealer eats the cost of the part and labor. some items do make there way to the trash like the rear ends out of the 02' and newer explorers with the rear end whine.

4: there is such a thing as after warranty adjustments. its actually called a P-05. the way it works is basically each customer who bought a ford under factory warranty gets 1 "get out of jail free card" as i like to call it-BUT its not totally free! ford ALWAYS asks for a contribution from the customer. it may be 50 bucks, or 250, but you will have to pay something.

i think there is a lot of confusion about the way dealers work and the techs as well, but we all need to realize that tech's dont get paid for working 8-5pm. they only get paid for completing jobs. if they spend 8 hours diagnosing your mustang for a tick noise and never verify the concern, they would be lucky to be paid 1 hour for it. sad but true. so rememeber that next time you go see the dealer. im not saying there isnt a fair share of dealers that dont help there customer out like they should, because i know there is. but you cant condemn us all for others actions! if anyone is in the neighborhood of Mattoon, IL 61938, i would be glad to help anyone of you out with any problems you had, modified or not! i have 5 ford techs at my dealership, and 5 chrysler techs. 4 out of the 5 ford techs are senior master techs and have been here for 13+ years, and the other is already a master tech, and i am a master tech as well. feel free to check us out at http://www.pilsonauto.com/ my name is frank so let me know if i can help anyone out! hope this clears up a little of the confusion!!

frank

Frank,

I'm not sure if the Blame goes on Ford itself...or the Dealerships. In my honest opinion, I think Auto Mechanics should be making way more money then what they are now. As a Plumbing and Heating Professional myself, I understand your trade very much!!

Also for having Family Currently working for Ford, I think it would give the Mechanics, and the people at the counter better attitudes.

If Ford wants to sell a product, it needs to stand behind its warranties..thats the bottom line. In my situation, (Tranny Prob) I didnt need a computer to tell the Mechanic, there was nothing wrong with the truck, when there obviously was. So instead, the Mechanic just pushed it off cause...he isnt interested anymore, cause the computer said so. Everyone knows that...if your O/D isnt backing down...there is something wrong.

So instead of the Mechanics not making good money cause of what Ford/ or the book dictates to them...they need to have that beef with Ford itself...NOT THE CUSTOMERS!!!

Believe me when I say...customers can be a pain in the butt...I deal with the ***** everyday. But when your laying out $25,000-an up for a vehicle, I would be alittle more picky then usual..but very understandable...if that makes sense.

I cant stand going into the Dealership for a warranty problem...and be giving an attitude cause the "Service writer" is having a bad day. There is a thing called Professionalism...to me that is not acceptable. I shouldnt have to go in the Ford dealer and kiss somebody's butt so...my warranty problem gets fixed!

As a Plumbing and Heating Contractor and part Owner of my Family business...I have to bite my tongue everyday and use professionalism when dealing with all kinds of people out there. It also makes our Company one of the best in the area cause of our service.

Bottom line is...Nobody likes to work....but we have to do it everyday in our lives to pay the bills. If Mechanics are un-happy...I suggest they get into a new line of work.

Auto Mechanics should be banding together to get better pay from these Dealerships/ Ford its not our fault...its thiers!!!

BTW Frank...Im not taking this out on you, and I understand your stance on things. However, I think we both can admit that...every dealership is different on the way they handle things!

Ozone89 said:
Frank,

I'm not sure if the Blame goes on Ford itself...or the Dealerships. In my honest opinion, I think Auto Mechanics should be making way more money then what they are now. As a Plumbing and Heating Professional myself, I understand your trade very much!!

Also for having Family Currently working for Ford, I think it would give the Mechanics, and the people at the counter better attitudes.

If Ford wants to sell a product, it needs to stand behind its warranties..thats the bottom line. In my situation, (Tranny Prob) I didnt need a computer to tell the Mechanic, there was nothing wrong with the truck, when there obviously was. So instead, the Mechanic just pushed it off cause...he isnt interested anymore, cause the computer said so. Everyone knows that...if your O/D isnt backing down...there is something wrong.

So instead of the Mechanics not making good money cause of what Ford/ or the book dictates to them...they need to have that beef with Ford itself...NOT THE CUSTOMERS!!!

Believe me when I say...customers can be a pain in the butt...I deal with the ***** everyday. But when your laying out $25,000-an up for a vehicle, I would be alittle more picky then usual..but very understandable...if that makes sense.

I cant stand going into the Dealership for a warranty problem...and be giving an attitude cause the "Service writer" is having a bad day. There is a thing called Professionalism...to me that is not acceptable. I shouldnt have to go in the Ford dealer and kiss somebody's butt so...my warranty problem gets fixed!

As a Plumbing and Heating Contractor and part Owner of my Family business...I have to bite my tongue everyday and use professionalism when dealing with all kinds of people out there. It also makes our Company one of the best in the area cause of our service.

Bottom line is...Nobody likes to work....but we have to do it everyday in our lives to pay the bills. If Mechanics are un-happy...I suggest they get into a new line of work.

Auto Mechanics should be banding together to get better pay from these Dealerships/ Ford its not our fault...its thiers!!!

BTW Frank...Im not taking this out on you, and I understand your stance on things. However, I think we both can admit that...every dealership is different on the way they handle things!

i couldnt agree with you more.......and i know there are a few dealers that have went to a normal hourly rate rather than flat rate due to tech turnover rate and well.......employees just bitching too much!!

its sad to see how much difference there is from one dealer to the next and how disrespectful some of them are. i wish i could get all the customers from stangnet and have them come to me for service, and i would assure them they would be treated right no matter what the concern was. the last time i has a problem with a trans i couldnt find, i sent the lady out with the flight recorder. she had it for a month!! called her up and she said it hadnt done anything, so i had her come by and we removed the recorder. she thanked me for trying and i havent heard from her since. you have to go the extra mile everytime for the customers or they arent going to leave with a smile on their face.

i just dont want the dealers to look bad in everyones eyes cause we (my dealer) dont jack up hours, we have a manager and accountant that watch these things. and i went through a lot of training to get where i am right now, and all the techs in my shop have already went a lot farther than i have. i have a lot of faith in their work, and honestly, would feel totally comfortable with having them install a blower on my GT, because who knows a ford better than a ford tech? another ford tech!!