ProChamber on a 98 cobra

98cammer

Sep 11, 2001
greensburg IN
I had an 88 coupe that i had a prochamber and 3" cat back, and i loved the sound. Now i am in the market for exhaust on my 98 cobra. I already have the 3" cat back and am looking towards macLT and a prochamber. the question that i have is one person tells me that the don't make one and one site says the do. Or what did you use? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I also have a 98 Cobra and wanted a prochamber for it. I called MAC twice and spoke to two different people; both immediately said NO they do not make a prochamber for the 98 Cobra and then went on to explain the reason they don't make it is that something on the car got in the way blah blah blah. I didn't care about the technical stuff - I couldn't get one anyway! I ended up just going with the MAC O/R H.

On a side note, I visited http://www.ninosport.com/store/item_4.6LMAC_Pro_Chamber.htm and saw that they had the prochamber for the 98 Cobra listed as avaliable and then called them to speak with them about it. I mentioned to them that I had called MAC twice and was told it wasn't avaliable. Ninosport checked for me and concluded that they had a mistake on their website and that in fact a prochamber was not avaliable for the 98 Cobra. They appologized and removed that listing from their website (as you can see it is no longer there). Hope this helps!

I would do a search regarding the MAC longtubes in this forum. There has been a lot of complaints and problems with them.

The Prochamber does have a sweet sound, but I don't think you can use the "short" Prochamber with other manufacturers LTs either.