Turbo or Chambered mufflers?

NP, if you really want quiet or a step above stock, just run a catted H or X pipe.
My exhaust is too complicated to simply add cats being a mix from different year cars and floor clearance issues.
But if i could i would just run a catted bassani 3 piece X pipe.
I ran a catted pipe back in the day with 3 chamber flowmasters (who knows what they call them now) and it was low volume for sure.
Probably smell a lot better too.

Or chop up the H or X you have now and add resonators.
he is running a ca.....car.......curbera........curberater.....ah....c-a-r-b-u-rator, I doubt cats would last long, right?
Besides, he has a dog so there's that :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

he is running a ca.....car.......curbera........curberater.....ah....c-a-r-b-u-rator, I doubt cats would last long, right?
Besides, he has a dog so there's that :shrug:
When you are trying to make your car idle using Richters step by step instructions. I will use a flat bladed screw driver and tweak the idle screw clockwise or counterclockwise.... OH the horror........

Reactions: 1 user
NP, if you really want quiet or a step above stock, just run a catted H or X pipe.
My exhaust is too complicated to simply add cats being a mix from different year cars and floor clearance issues.
But if i could i would just run a catted bassani 3 piece X pipe.
I ran a catted pipe back in the day with 3 chamber flowmasters (who knows what they call them now) and it was low volume for sure.
Probably smell a lot better too.

Or chop up the H or X you have now and add resonators.
Resonators is likely next for me on the black turbo car.

When you are trying to make your car idle using Richters step by step instructions. I will use a flat bladed screw driver and tweak the idle screw clockwise or counterclockwise.... OH the horror........
1710122760041.png

And this is a 'scanner' for your model ?
First generation code reader?

Will the exhaust on a fox hang fairly low? I haven't done this for a long time, never on a fox body, but the exhaust seems a bit low to me..

Last edited:
At what point of the car are you speaking of?
Long tubes can hang low and the center section of a standard H or X can be low too, especially on a lowered car. That would be the part that scrapes on speed bumps.

At what point of the car are you speaking of?
Long tubes can hang low and the center section of a standard H or X can be low too, especially on a lowered car. That would be the part that scrapes on speed bumps.
That would be the low area you described.... Except for I have shorty headers....
Some new batteries in my camera.. I will take some pics and see if my computer will let me download them...

Last edited:
Here is the muffler I decided to go with.. I just bought one to test fit for now... All of the Jones mufflers that I listened to online were too loud, I assume two of these will be louder than I want, but I believe its the quietest for its size..
DSCF1418.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a ;pic of it with the flow pipe attached
The body measures 16" long...
It was $3 more at my local O'Reilly's than online. If it didn't work ( sizewise) the employee said to return it no problem...
DSCF1419.JPG

Here are a couple of pics with the one side mocked up... I am aware I need to cut the front exhaust hangers rods to size.. I might take off the hanger brackets and weld the rods to the pipe.. I don't care for the hangers and they hang too low..
Look Ok to everyone?
If I could find somebody local who could sweg a new female ball/socket end on my H Pipe, where they attach to the headers, I would cut off the existing sweg ( taking maybe a 1/2" or so), this would lift the exhaust up a bit when reattached...
Any thoughts on this? Do muffler shops have this ability? TY all....
DSCF1423.JPG
DSCF1421.JPG

Last edited: