Project 2.3T on it's Way

Hey guys, like the title said I am finally on my way to do the engine swap. My screen name before was my blackbeast (it stop working for some reason). Thanks to many of you guys and Stinger's Website, I am under way. I haven't posted very much but I have been reading threads for about a year and a half now.

I have owned a 4 banger mustang for about 7 years now and I never really knew about 2.3T's. After looking for a donor car and reading up on the swap, I am finally getting started though. I am using an '88 turbocoupe manual (w/no tranny) and putting it into a '93 auto thats been sitting in the side yard for over a year and a half. I wasn't planning on doing the swap until the summer (I am a teacher and will have a couple months off), but now the place I have it stored is only going to be available until April. So I needs to get done soon. I have a few pictures I will post them if it works (how do I make a jpeg or bmp smaller so I can attach?).

I have already taken the pedals out of the cars and I need to put the manual pedals into the stang. Will a 5.0 clutch quadrant bolt up to the T-bird pedals? Is there any thing special about putting it on? I have never seen a quandrant actually on the pedal before.

While I am waiting for my quadrant and stuff to come in I started on the wiring. I am definetly having some problems with that. I think I will post my question on a new thread though. Well thanks for reading. I would appreciate and knowledge or advice anyone would like to share. Thanks,

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I see your donor car is an '88 TC; the pedals are set up for a hydraulic clutch. You'll have to get a pedal assembly from a Mustang if you want the cable setup, and thereby the adjustable quadrant. Any quadrant will fit, I have a UPR one and firewall adjuster and it's pretty nice. Good call on getting it on the pedals first, the quadrant is a helluva job when they're in the car. :mad: Once you get the Stang assembly, you'll see where the stock quadrant is - the aftermarket one goes in the same place.

Ash

Snag one at the junkyard, I paid $15 for mine. I ended up pulling two and using one (sold the other for a profit :nice: ). It's basically just added experience that will cut down the actual swap time. ;)

Ash

Well that sucks!! Ash, the experience thing is true though...After I got the TC pedals out, it took me no time to get them out of the stang. :nice: Well, I guess I got to wait on the quadrant and some pedals too.

UPDATE: Bought me a nice instant canopy so that I can work on the car and not get wet (It's been raining all day). I finished most of the wiring. I just got a few pins to take out of the computer and hook up the ignition coil.

Stinger has not listed what to do with the EGR wiring. Anyone got any ideas about this one? I would like to keep the EGR hooked up. I am trying to keep the TC engine exactly the way it was before the swap, so problems can be narrowed down easier.

One more question: What do I do about the premium fuel switch? I plan on leaving it on premium and always put the expensive stuff in (I'm used to it with the 5.0). What do about the wiring? Thanks guys

Mike