Projector Headlight Install

Black Sun 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2002
L.I., N.Y.
I just got my new projector headlight kit from 50resto.com and found that there are no install instructions. The kit included additional wiring and a button (brights?). I know nothing about what this is all about. Anyone do this install before? I would have assumed that the brights would still be controlled the same way the stockers are.

• Sponsors (?)

Black Sun 5.0 said:
I just got my new projector headlight kit from 50resto.com and found that there are no install instructions. The kit included additional wiring and a button (brights?). I know nothing about what this is all about. Anyone do this install before? I would have assumed that the brights would still be controlled the same way the stockers are.

do u have a pic of the wiring that came with headlights?

Black Sun 5.0 said:
Dont some sets of the projector lights use the projector as a "fog light" beam? I remember there being an install in (5.0&SF ?) several months ago with the APC projector headlights.

Are they the lights with regular 900* bulbs and then the small projector on the inside? Like these:

40-3533HL.jpg

If so I just spliced into the parking lights so they work off the main headlight switch. I can have them on when the parking lights are on and then by default they're on while the headlights are on.

Attachments

• 40-3533HL.jpg
    40-3533HL.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 54
Black Sun 5.0 said:
I don't know, I would have expected documentation for these lights. They're about to be returned.

Dude, call 50resto for cryin out loud if you don' want to wait for an email reply!! I'd be upset too without necessary instructions. You'd have to call them anyway to get an RMA # for them to accept the return. I'm sure they'd be quick to help you then with whatever you need.

I helped write the instructions for these. I installed them on my 92 4 years ago.

You need to notch the header panel (in back of the projection bulb) to get the correct adj. on the main headlight once installed.

It's been so long I forget what two wires needed to be reversed. I can go out tomorrow and take a look at mine if you need a hand.

Also you need to upgrade the bulb to a 9007. The ones I sell are plug and play. You no longer need to cut the wires. You musta got an older set.

Late Model Restoration is a great place.They'll help you out,we work with them all the time.