Promotion TR3650

slow5.0gt

Aug 12, 2006
http://www.promotionpowertrain.com/1231590.html

Anyone have the 750 version of the 3650?

People that have the 3650 and make over 375HP does your stock 3650 take the abuse? Short of powershifting...

I want to take it to the track every once in a while and my plans are making the car around 450-550 hp. But i dont want my tranny to be spitting out broken gears when im just trying to shift fast down the track.. but neither do i wish to switch to the tko500/600 or t56...

• Sponsors (?)

If you take it easy on it, the stock tranny will hold up pretty good. If you are powershifting it with slicks...well, you are asking for it to break.

There are a couple guys over at modularfords.com that are running the Promotion tranny, and like it. The only thing is the bellhousing is not SFI approved, and no one makes an aftermarket bellhousing for it yet. So, if your local track see's this, they will stop you from racing.

If you take it easy on it, the stock tranny will hold up pretty good. If you are powershifting it with slicks...well, you are asking for it to break.

There are a couple guys over at modularfords.com that are running the Promotion tranny, and like it. The only thing is the bellhousing is not SFI approved, and no one makes an aftermarket bellhousing for it yet. So, if your local track see's this, they will stop you from racing.

Yea just some fast shifting no double clutching or any of the flim flam. Hopefully it will be ok

you could always run a scatter shield or something like that counldn't you?
The stock tranny will hold up for quite a bit. Power shift too much and the syncros go to crap in a hurry though.

Even with an SFI blanket they still require an SFI bellhousing...TECHNICALLY speaking...but most tracks don't care too much in my experience.

I put down 430rwhp and I powershift at the track on slicks...no problem with 100+ passes! Trans shifts like new...I do have an 04 with the "fix" applied though, so if you have an older (early 03 or older) then you might not be as lucky. The promotion pieces look very nice, and I know a guy who had good luck with one of their T5's - quality product for sure.