Pulley Size/Boost? Cant Find Info!

• Sponsors (?)

I have no clue about vortech, but a 3 tenth drop in pulley size should give you something around 3-5 lbs of boost I would think. Going from a 3.65 to a 3.1 on an 03 will gain about that and that usually equates to some good numbers.

Hey bro, do a search for CobraKiller and T&J performance. They're some of the leaders with the vortech kit set-ups. I have a 3.6" and I'm putting out about 8lbs, I think a 3.33" would give you about 11-12lbs total depending if you have a powerpipe along with it. I'm rolling with a stock bottom end for now so I've pretty much put off the extra power mods until I get ready to get the engine internals forged.

Also, changing a pulley should require you to get retuned to be on the safe side..... :)

How much would the dyno time and tune cost? I need to get it done cause I am going up to 30lb injectors for the 11lbs of boost. I dont know if having a chip made would work. I think it would be to general of a tune.

Drew1287 said:
How much would the dyno time and tune cost? I need to get it done cause I am going up to 30lb injectors for the 11lbs of boost. I dont know if having a chip made would work. I think it would be to general of a tune.
I would suggest to call Tim at T & J Performance. Although I don't know him nor have spoken to him in the past, from what I have seen in this forum, he is the man to call when tuning/modifying your stang.

Drew1287 said:
With all the smart people here and no replys?

There are too many factors that affect your boost to answer that question accurately. You can get a pretty good idea by dividing the diameter of the crank pulley by the diameter of your new pulley, dividing that by the quotient of the crank pulley and your current pulley, then multiplying that result by your current boost level.

[(CP/SP2)/(CP/SP1)]*boost

CP=diameter of crank pulley (inches)
SP1=diameter of original pulley (3.6 inches)
SP2=diameter of new pulley (3.33 inches)

That assumes a linear increase in boost with RPM, which isn't really very likely, but it will give you a ball park figure... :nice: