Pulling my motor & Tranny

Killer50stang

May 11, 2004
I'm pulling my motor for the first time and then the tranny. Any tips I can get? This is actually a 2.3 and not my 5.0. I'm gonna pick up a cherry picker sometime next week. Will I need a tranny lift of somekind to drop out the tranny. I won't be putting one back in, as I'm parting this car out. I also don't have a lift. Thanks.

-Poth

• Sponsors (?)

5ohturbostang said:
are you selling the body?i have a dart 306 block and g.e.r. performance aod i just took out of my vert becouse it was rusty need something else to stuff it in :D

Yes, the body will be for sale. It was a 4 cyl body. Pretty much stripped if you want it.

Poth

jstang209 said:
u gotta damn near 400hp stang and dont even no how to pull a 4 banger out :shrug: :shrug:

What's your point? The block is stock in my stang. Never pulled it or the tranny to reach the 390 I have. Why the smart remark? Anyway, what needs to be disconnected at the tranny side for the pull? Isnt' there just a few bolts on the block?

underside
4 driveshaft bolts
2 crossmember bolts
2 transmission bolts
1 speedo bolt
2 shifter bolts (up top)
4 bolts on rear of h pipe
4 bolts on front of h pipe
2 engine mount nuts
up top:
throttle cable
two radiator hoses
(if auto) trans cooler
intake track /air filter
engine ground cable
main two wiring harness connectors (behind intake)
vacuum hoses from vacuum tree (3 I think)
smog tubes......if equipped
engine fan (unless electric)

basically thats it...........GET TO WORK! :D

pulling a 2.3 and tranny is as easy as picking your nose. Just pull all the wires unhook the exhaust, dont even worry about the drive shaft, just tie it up and pull the motor out:). It was 5,908,604,839,712X's easier than taking out a 2.5L motor from a probe gt.