Pure gas premium

lx92coupe

Jul 7, 2012
When gas prices go through the roof and your car is set up and tuned for premium. lol I always use pure gas premium too. I guess it’s ok to use E10. I never checked the mileage. But luckily, I have a company truck with free gas for work. Those that have to daily them have it much worse
D222B14A-30B7-4201-ACEC-3FC9092D5A0A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My 2016 Focus SE EcoBoost burns E20. My own brew. It has not been an issue at all. Everything is bone stock.
I buy fuel by the barrel for the racecar, so IDGAF about the price of fuel for it.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a instrument tech for a pipeline company and have their F250 to drive
One of the best benny's ever, a company car... FREE gas, tires,, insurance, maintenance. CAR, NEW car every 2-3 years...... I was in outside sales for over 35 years and truly appreciated having a company car for most of those years......

My '86 doesn't get driven very much, so I use ethanol-free 93 only because that's the only non-ethanol I can find. I'm told that with fuel injection and a closed fuel system, the ethanol isn't as much of a problem.

Bill

I put mine away for a while, and put that Sunoco race fuel in it. When I was giving it it's last ride for a while it was really running strong. I was surprised to see the sticker for Ethanol on the pump.

Luckily I work from home so fuel prices aren't too bad for me, but my daily is a 2500 HD with a diesel so that's at least $5/gal right now, and my boat is premium only fuel (supercharged) so off the lake like $4.50 or so and I'm sure this summer on the lake at the marina it will be closer to $7-8/gal which will suck giant balls.

I have always ran premium in my Saleen since I have owned it. I get 20-21 mpg when I commute it to work and back, Not bad for having 3.55's and some basic mods. The little farm town I work in has a VP racing station amazingly enough. The last few tanks in the car I have ran their non ethanol premium. Wow, there is a huge difference in how the car runs now. Even though it is ~60 cents a gallon more for the non ethanol I think it is worth it for the fun factor.

Last edited:
Where are y’all buying ethanol free 93? Only ethanol free I can find locally is 87. Foxbody only gets premium, being driven less than my DD. Daily driver gets E85 diluted with premium to E30.

Reactions: 1 user
Why is diesel fuel 95 cents a gallon more than unleaded in Central florida????? The only reason I can figure ( you do not get ANY answers if you "search" this question) is GOUGING.......