Push rods are loose

Out of curiosity, what is the recommended pushrod wall thickness for a mild street engine?

For example, a TFS-1 cammed engine with ported GT40P's?

Stock wall thickness OK? Should thicker walls be considered or required?

What works?
What is "standard"?
What is overkill?

I freely admit that it has been a few years since I researched the TFS website and don't recall. I will do this to the nth degree when I get to that point.

• Sponsors (?)

Even just running a TFS-1, you're going to want to upgrade the valve springs and as a result the stronger pushrods are probably a good idea as well, since you're going to be increasing the spring force on the valve train a decent amount with the stiffer springs and extra lift. That being said, plenty of people seem to have no issues running the stock push rods with a set up like that as long as they're still the right length. There might be a VERY small amount of power to be gained by reducing the reciprocating mass of the valve train with thin push rods.

I wasn't really seeking to upgrade the strength of the push rods when I ordered the thicker trick flow rods, they were just the cheapest ones that were readily available in the length that I needed and the extra strength is more of a bonus.

Reactions: 1 user
For a TFS1 cam with upgraded valve springs, stock 060 pushrods are fine according to TF and Alex's part.......
Since I was buying new pushrods ( everything else was new, why put in used pushrods mentality) I upgraded to the thicker 080 wall thickness.....
the .102 pushrods were WAY overkill.......

For a TFS1 cam with upgraded valve springs, stock 060 pushrods are fine according to TF and Alex's part.......
Since I was buying new pushrods ( everything else was new, why put in used pushrods mentality) I upgraded to the thicker 080 wall thickness.....
the .102 pushrods were WAY overkill.......
This was my thought, thanks for confirming.

I have a package from Alex on the shelf, the spring upgrade is covered.