Q? for the owners and for the know alls!!

Rebel-OUTLAW

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2002
Canada
So there I was pulling apart my upper & lower intake to start cleaning them up. I removed the hose connection for the cooling system on the bottom of the lower portion...when the engine is in a car (mine isnt) where does the hose go to? I cant remember and my manuals dont show

Next, for when I reassemble the manifolds on the engine...

The intake has collant flowing through it, this is for emissions reasons to help with better cold weather warm up and control the intake charge temp. With the engine running at operating temp, the coolant would warm the charge as it flows to the head, right? Could I block the flow from the head to the intake? I would have to relocate the coolant temp sensor for the ECM, but in my opinion I don't need to worry about fast warmups as my car is emissions exempt, so I want to keep the intake charge cool as long as possible during its travel.

Now I realize that this will be a minimal return in performance, I am just wondering if it would do anything to the engine. The passage could be filled with block filler like drag engines or with some fabricated block off plate that works with the existing intake gasket.

Just an idea

• Sponsors (?)