QA1 K Member and Control arm fitment?

dimaiox1

15 Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hey guys I pulled my kamember and oil pan to change out my bearings. I want to put in QA1 k member and control arms with there coil over kit. Does anyone know if the kit is going tomove the wheels forward and inch and push the wheels out about 3/4 of an inch on each side producing negative camber problems. Right now my car has 99 to 04 cobra control arms and the wheels have some servere negative camber. I dont want to stay with them because once the camber is fixed the wheel are going to stick out in the front.

• Sponsors (?)

The QA1 will alter the suspension geometry. I believe it moves the front tires back 1" and lower the car half inch. People should know that going in and I don't remember a tag saying that it does when I got mine. Also its the thinnest K-Member made. My experience with TeamZ's K-member is that's its gorgeous (see pic below).

Here is the QA1 for my 94GT.
KMember.jpg

Here is my car after the QA1 install. You will notice the front is slammed. I took it to Steeda for alignment and they installed stop / rack bushings for me because the 275 tires wanted to rip my inner plastic fender off.
Garage12-29-05.jpg

Here is the TeamZ complete front and rear suspension for a FOX body.
de8628c7.jpg

I decided not to buy t I don't want to offset the wheels in any way. That being said I want to buy the upr control arms and k member it states a camber plate is needed. I'm assuming the wheels are pushed out a tiny bit at thenbottom just like installing the newer cobra control arms like my car has now, have you guys had bad rubbing or the weeks stick out so far there was a noticeable difference between front and rear wheel width

the caster camber kit is needed for the coilovers. the strut towers cant handle the load of the car on when sitting on coilovers instead of the springs...its late or id explain it better. plus youd have to cut parts of the coilover assembly for it to fit without caster camber plates

Also, when you lower the car, you need the caster/camber plates. The suspension pivot point (where the control arms meet the k member) is below the centerline of the wheel. This causes more camber when the car is lowered because the suspension travels in an arc, not straight up and down.

I did my k member with my new build. My builder had a couple k members laying around, a PA Racng and a UPR one. I ended up going with the Team Z one, and I wont look back. Looking at the quality after I got it, I was impressed. I also pulled out the scales (not bathroom scales either) and the Team Z was 2-5 lbs lighter than the others we weighed.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg