QA1 K-member & motor mount issues

ProjectoStang

Oct 31, 2004
I am installing my block for mock up and I am having problems with the motor mounts and my QA1 k-member. Did any of you have this same issue? What did you do about it? I read the instructions and it said something about clearancing the drivers side mount, but I want to make sure before I do that.

• Sponsors (?)

What problem are you having? You need to grind off the locating tab from the bottom of the motor mount if you havn't allready. I also had to lift the motor a little to get the nut to start on the drivers side mount.

I didnt know I was supposed to grind of that little tab. Thats what was causing the problem. The tab was at the bottom of whole and would cause the screw to be at the top and it didnt allow any space for the nut.

Is this what you did?

Yep, it states it in the QA1 instructions. I did the same thing. I had to lift the motor up and grind the tabs down. Also there is a right and left side motor mount. They are not the same. A ground wire still needs to be bolted to the drivers side motor mount. I also screwed this up. Had to switch them.