question on clutch fork

• Sponsors (?)

Well since everybody has a different meaning of stiff and its such a vague term lets ask these questions. Does the car shift fine? Does the clutch slip? If no, then I say its good. A bent fork would only really affect the pedal travel. If it was bent in, it would "slackin" up the clutch cable and not give enough tension to pull complete disengage the clutch. If it was bent back, it would probably lower your clutch pedal since its pulling on the cable. A stock clutch in a mustang really isnt that stiff. You'll have to elaborate on how stiff it is before we can tell you if something is really wrong. If its really bad, you could have a bad pressure plate but that would affect driveability I would presume.

hey smock i have a ford motor sport clutch with no more than 2000 miles on it. it is diffently not slipping at all trust me. my stock clutch slipped badly. oh yea my transmission shifts just perfect. ever since i put that tranny in the car i have never grind a gear.

The motorsport clutch is pretty stiff. I mean it doesnt take a gorilla to use it, and there are far worse clutches out there, but it will give you a workout in traffic. Like I said, if its not slipping, and your gears are fine then its probably good. Is this something that just started to happen?