Question on Cold Air Kits.

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
This is not my car but its an example of what Im asking since I really can't explain myself.
coldair.jpg
Where can you go to get this kit? Please let me know, thanks.
-Y

• Sponsors (?)

If you want that, you'll have to make it. Go get about 2' of 3" PVC pipe, and 2 fernco rubber pieces (lowes/home depot). Take your MAF out of the stock air box, use one fernco piece to hold the MAF onto the PVC, and another to hold the PVC to the throttle body.

leathalsn95 said:
There is a kit called a dense charger thats what this looks like ill try to find the companies name and number for you it costs about $150

Just look on ebay if you want a cold air intake. You can get one for 70 bucks or so give or take. It'll be cheaper to make your own...the only moderately expensive thing will be a K&N, but it might not look quite as good. Either way, they'll serve the same function.

Woah....that's my car. If you really want it I'll sell it to you this spring, because I'm switching to a fox style TB and have to make a new CAI. It's really easy to make though. I just got two Fernco couplers (3" to 4"), about 10" of 4" PVC pipe (trim to the necessary length), and then I bought a MAF adapter off ebay. It allows you to use a clamp on style K&N filter that bolts to the stock MAF. If you have any more questions just send me a PM. Here's some more pics...

summer_03_1_87.jpg

cai.jpg

Jake