Quick Polishing Help

1105 said:
me too :flag:

RC, how did thoes little things you got work out? I forgot what they were, but wern't they like sanding sponges or something like that for the dremel?

The "scotch-type" wheels are ok..but very "fluffy" and do not hold up well...Good thing they are cheap, because you use them up fast...The good part is that they have their own shaft.

The clothy-type yellow wheels work good for Tripoli.. I used them on the MC you see above.

Where do you get the blue 2" sanding discs?
RC

• Sponsors (?)

I know you can get a starter package form discount autoparts but its like $6 and you get 2 brown 1 blue :notnice:

There is a shop supply guy that stops by my work that sells them, so I had him order me 25 ($.90 a piece) but you can get them cheaper I later found out. When I get them I can send you a few to see if you like them. If you like them I can get some for you, other than that I'm not sure where you can get them because I havent seen them anywhere else.

Heres a pic of an altinator I did with a brown one first, then the blue, no other sanding was done to it, just used tripoli and WR. There are still some scratches because the blue one was almost gone because I used it for my MC.

altinator01.jpg

Question. I figure you guys can help me on this one. What can I use to dispose of large chunks of aluminum? I know it sounds funny .... but I'm currently in the process of polishing an intake (Mountaineer). It has ripples on the side that I want to get rid of & make it one flat polished piece. It is taking me forever with a Dremmel. What do I need to get? I'm about to break out the chainsaw, lol.

Justin, the first grinder will work, thats what I used to take off the Edelbrock on my intake, but as you can see it's very hard to use and I got a wavy finish left over.

If it's not that big of a piece you're trying to take off I would suggest you use one of thoes brown roloc disks if you have an angle dirgrinder. Also, a coarse file will also work better than having to hand sand it down.