Quick Question...

Flexia

Feb 25, 2004
Akron Ohio
Quick Question...Not about the 05.

Well I know this should go in the Bullitt fourm but I need a quick answer and I find not to many people are in the Bullitt page to often and I am not ready to pay 35 for IMBOC.com when I don't know if I will own a Bullitt.

Well I found a bullitt and it is in england for a heck of a deal and he will even pay for shipping to my house. So what I wonder is, is the engand bullitt the same as the one here in the US. I find it hard to believe that I isn't the same. And also how much or would I have to pay taxes to get the car into the US? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If is is not a standard US model that was certified for sale in the US, don't touch it. You could wind up with major hassles and end up with you car impounded by the feds.

351CJ said:
If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If is is not a standard US model that was certified for sale in the US, don't touch it. You could wind up with major hassles and end up with you car impounded by the feds.
I would tend to agree. But since the car was built here it might not be as much of a problem. I'm nut sure but I can only guess that british/EU emmissions and safety reg's would be the same as they are here. It might even be an american market car that was shipped over there at one point.

Personally, unless it's one hell of a deal, and you've seen the car yourself, I'd walk away from it. Otherwise, you really should consult with a customs lawyer.

I passed it up...The offer was $9000 and he would ship it. Why it was so cheap was he said that the owner, his cusin died and that he needed to get rid of all his belongings so he really didn't have to much to loose. He sent pictures of it and the thing I noticed was that the grill had the silver ring around the running horse. I am kind of glad I passed cause it seem to come up really fast and I didn't have time to check into anything about import tax and all the other junk you probibly have to go through to bring a car in the the US. And reading your post's just eases my mind on if i made the right choce. So thanks.

Why it was so cheap was he said that the owner, his cusin died and that he needed to get rid of all his belongings so he really didn't have to much to loose.
It's a common ebay scam going around these days. Desirable car, somebody "died", it's "overseas", the price is "unbelievable" (ummm, that's because you SHOULDN'T have believed it), and ALL YOU NEED TO DO is wire them a deposit!!!! And I guess alot of real suckers out there must be sending those deposits, because the scam persists. Ebay is getting good at sniffing these out and removing the auctions from the site. Go back in a day or so and I'll bet the auction is gone. I've seen Shelby's, Bosses, Porsche Turbos, etc.etc.etc... dangled as bait like this. The Bullitt at $9K might fly under the radar of ebay security though, these scammers might be getting smarter using more affordable cars as bait that don't stick out like a sore thumb like a $20,000 Boss 429 does.

RICKS said:
It's a common ebay scam going around these days. Desirable car, somebody "died", it's "overseas", the price is "unbelievable" (ummm, that's because you SHOULDN'T have believed it), and ALL YOU NEED TO DO is wire them a deposit!!!! And I guess alot of real suckers out there must be sending those deposits, because the scam persists. Ebay is getting good at sniffing these out and removing the auctions from the site. Go back in a day or so and I'll bet the auction is gone. I've seen Shelby's, Bosses, Porsche Turbos, etc.etc.etc... dangled as bait like this. The Bullitt at $9K might fly under the radar of ebay security though, these scammers might be getting smarter using more affordable cars as bait that don't stick out like a sore thumb like a $20,000 Boss 429 does.

Well said Ricks. As they say in Rome, "Caveat Emptor".

Well it seems to be a scam. I found another bullitt for cheap and asked them why it was so cheap and I got the same email as before but the price changed and the guys name and email changed. Glad I didn't go for it. So does any one think I should report it? And who would I report it to? And the auctions have already been stoped on Ebay so...