R.I.P T-5

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
Yup..after a long hard life she went...lol
running down into the 11's, going 1.58 60fts, and over 100k on her...lol

So what do you guys think for a 500rwhp/tq 95', that is a street car, that goes to the track every now and then?
Looking for something good to the low low 10 sec power level, but is nice and smooth for the street.

I'm thinking

Viper T-56
TKO 500/600
or one of the X2C ones

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

huh, don't know where my other post went, but matt kimsey's was pretty similar...

EDIT:here we go:
I wouldn't mind a viper spec T-56...it'll handle 500rwhp, and if you get the urge to go turbo or t-trim again, the extra hp won't be a problem. Plus, when you're cruising on the highway, the rpm's will be nice and low. :nice:

what is your budget - the trannies you list have quite a variance (remember add ons you need to get it to bolt up)......

How'd you break it? Or should I say, where did it break?

Out of those choices, I would go with the 6-speed. The TKO 500/600's are new, and I've heard of a few nightmares with them. I haven't read too much about X2C's stuff though. Why not G-Force?

Joe

I knew it mang!...Go with the T-56. I wish I would have. I do know a guy who ran his 3550 down to low 10's and never had any problems with it. My 3550 shifts as good as the stocker, but is noisy as a mofo...that's about my only complaint with it. I wish I had one of the new tremecs, the 500 or 600, or the T-56. I regret not going with the 6 speed in the 1st place.

If your going to get a manual id go with a 6 speed if money permits. Other than that, Id go with the tko500/600 depending on the gear ratios you want.

I am baised though. But my TKO was niosy untill about 1000 miles on it and after that its pretty quiet. Not as loud as the g-force for sure. Ive been in go-stangs 331 and the g-forces are noisy, but then again its lighter than a tko or 6-speed for sure.

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm still a lil torn.
As for the price thing, I'm not so concerned about that, a tranny is a important part..and i always said when it went I'd get some good stuff...and all the goodies to go with.

BUT the price between the Viper Spec, and a TKO500/600 are night and day! I have been talking with Mark Luton and his TKO500 is rated by MMR up to 750HP and vehicles running 10.00/138 and slower. Gear ratio’s are 1st- 3.27 2nd- 1.98 3rd- 1.34 4th- 1.00 5th- .68 .

And his 600 is way more than I need. Price is right and the new TKO's are suppose to not be so notchy/noisy after break-in...hmmm

http://5speedtransmissions.com/tr-3550.html

But that Viper is still calling me, the thought of a 6speed is to cool.

Killer...no auto, I'm strictly a street machine and love shifting!