Raced A Caddy Last Night

DFG 5OH

Aug 28, 2004
Louisville, KY
Well before i got my car running right it only dynoed at 150/228, which was pathetic. I got beat by a 97 Silverado SWB with a Vortec 350, I also got beat by a 97 Caddy with a 32v Northstar. Both were my friends, and i got my car fixed recently, and i wanted to get my reputation back. Well last friday night me and my buddy went out with the Chevy truck, and he was STILL talking trash about how he could beat me. We went from a stop first, i spun 1st real bad, my front bumper was at his door by the time i hit 2nd, but once i did and caught traction i was GONE. Then we raced from a 20 mph roll, and that was a total joke, i pulled 5-6 cars through 2 gears. So i was very happy about that.

Next race: Last night i called up my buddy with the caddy and told him i wanted a rematch, he was all for it. he was talking a LOT of trash, bashing me, my car, telling everyone how he was gonna smoke a mustang, like he did last time. So i was pretty confident that i could beat him this time. Keep in mind these things run roughly a 15.3 in the 1/4th mile.

First we went from a 20mph roll. On go i hammered it, and pulled a car on him, 2nd came and i was still ahead, 3rd came and he was gaining on me, at the top of 3rd i let off, and he was maybe 1ft. in front.

Second Race: We went from a dig, i spun first pretty bad, it was sideways, hit second and pulled on him, hit third and was still holding it off, at the top of third, i let off when i was 1-2 ft in front, and he wasnt catching up that time.

I shifted pretty good, didnt powershift, but i can bang some gears, better than all my friends. I cant launch it on 215 touring tires, i'd like to drag radials.

All in all my car is 100x faster since i got it fixed, and i'm only running 8* timing. Still could be bumped some more, which i'm hoping for soon.

• Sponsors (?)

you got your revenge.

i got beat by a caddy in 98, this elderly lady in a northstar cady took me, i was doing about 55 and went to pass her in 5th, she was pacing me so i just put it in 4th, then she took off. could have put it in 3rd, but i was just shocked they had so much power. i think they have high gearing for cruising though.

that was in my 92 5.0 when it was stock.

what did you have to fix on your car?

Yeah man, those Northstar Caddy engines will get ya if you're not prepared. For being as heavy as they are, they definitely move. Pick on a CTSv next time, and tell us the results :D

CManT1914 said:
I would say good kill but......................... :jester:

What's the status on your h/c/i project?

as of right now, my valve covers are almost polished, i'm about to trade my explorer intake for a street heat, and i'm going to sell my cam, and run a crane 2031. I still need some stuff (see sig)

if i can make a suggestion matt it would be to get an crane xe270 cam....i dont know a lot about the crane 2031, but talk to 95 snoozer....with the "p" heads, xe270 cam, and a typhoon intake, he was making somethin like 298 hp and tq of the like, and was running 12.50's on dr's with a bit of weight reduction.....the street heat manifold is also better than the explorer mani, so im glad your swapping.....should be an awesome build man!!!