rash breaks old record

• Sponsors (?)

The car is just making unreal power!!! :nice: Took out huge timing out of the whole map, left the line 1500 RPM less than whats needed to make optimal 60 ft times, ran a 1.06 today but only a 1.09 on the 7.16. Track was far from perfect today, even with all that power taken out the car spun the tires hard all the way down the track(black tracked right to the finish line)!! Rash shifted into second, car went into serious tire spin, he got off the throttle grabbed third, hit it again the car kicked side ways toward the centerline, got back off the throttle, hit it again and went through the traps at a 196.54 MPH @ 7.16. Not bad for the second full hit without a cracked intercooler. :rlaugh: Its only time now till we see that 6 :hail2: Must say, awesome driving by Rash today, everyone was coming up just amazed that he kept it between the lines, especially on his 7.31 @ 158 MPH pass. Car was completely side ways to the center line then side ways to the wall. Unreal!!!

Congrats to the Smooth Performance team!

Definatley a fairly good day at the track. Unreal driving by rash to get the car down the track especially on the 7.30@156 pass. The car is just making unreal power to go a 7.16 consitering how bad the traction was and the ammount of backpedeling.

Cant wait for the first full clean pass :nice:

rash.jpg
LAYING THE SMACK-DOWN!!

Attachments

• rash.jpg
    rash.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 57
Just a little update. Rash just ran a 6.75 @201 MPH!!! Broke the blower chain at the 1000 foot mark. Not bad for a bunch of guys that don't know anything?? :shrug: :rlaugh: Just for the record, previous owners best was a 6.76 with the same blower. Rash also sixty footed a 1.05. :nice: I guess the combo is making some power :D

TheRichDude said:
Just a little update. Rash just ran a 6.75 @201 MPH!!! Broke the blower chain at the 1000 foot mark. Not bad for a bunch of guys that don't know anything?? :shrug: :rlaugh: Just for the record, previous owners best was a 6.76 with the same blower. Rash also sixty footed a 1.05. :nice: I guess the combo is making some power :D

I think it's time you guys entered some NMRA races and started making some money!! Sounds like 6.60's were a possibility :hail2: :jaw:

:banana:

N8s_stang said:
I think it's time you guys entered some NMRA races and started making some money!!

Keep dreaming :lol: ... that blower isn't even NMRA legal :notnice: .... Rash could never be a hitter in the NMRA or FFW :rolleyes:

He has to run faster than Canada's Fastest Pro 5.0 Mustang :nonono: ... Joe Da Silva .... before he can think about running with Chuck Samuels, Tony Gillig, Doug Magrum, etc :uzi: ...

Quote from Rash 2002 - "I COULD RUN FAST TOO IF I HAD STUFF GIVEN TO ME" :doh: :owned:

The FFW is a bit of a reach with Gillig and others in there. But could compete in the NMRA. Once again you prove to know very little about anything. The new NMRA legal Porcharger blower for this year may be smaller but actually makes more power than the blower Rash has strapped to his car. Gillig, Joe Da Silva aren't even legal to run in the NMRA. :rolleyes: Da Silva has twin turbo's from what I have heard and ASSC's car isn't even close to being NMRA legal. Either or L8ton, you said that we wouldn't have the smarts to make the car go sixes and on the very first clean pass the car went a 6.85. :hail2: Then the car went a 6.75 today flipping the chain off. That pass would have been a high 60 or 70. Not bad for only a total of 7 passes on the car including the shut down passes. Prepare to see the car run a 6.60 or 6.50 before the year is done! :nice: Just need a good track to run on. Track this weekend was far from good. Had to take out major power to even get to go down the track.
Congrats Rash on picking up the "Best Engineered" award this weeknd. Had some stiff competition with Rick Distephenios(correct my spelling) new Pro Mod there. Absolutely a beautiful car. It has the best of everything in that beast!!! :hail2: Had the pleasure of meeting Rick and he showed me his car, super nice guy.

TheRichDude said:
The FFW is a bit of a reach with Gillig and others in there. But could compete in the NMRA. Once again you prove to know very little about anything. The new NMRA legal Porcharger blower for this year may be smaller but actually makes more power than the blower Rash has strapped to his car. Gillig, Joe Da Silva aren't even legal to run in the NMRA. :rolleyes: Da Silva has twin turbo's from what I have heard and ASSC's car isn't even close to being NMRA legal. Either or L8ton, you said that we wouldn't have the smarts to make the car go sixes and on the very first clean pass the car went a 6.85. :hail2: Then the car went a 6.75 today flipping the chain off. That pass would have been a high 60 or 70. Not bad for only a total of 7 passes on the car including the shut down passes. Prepare to see the car run a 6.60 or 6.50 before the year is done! :nice: Just need a good track to run on. Track this weekend was far from good. Had to take out major power to even get to go down the track.
Congrats Rash on picking up the "Best Engineered" award this weeknd. Had some stiff competition with Rick Distephenios(correct my spelling) new Pro Mod there. Absolutely a beautiful car. It has the best of everything in that beast!!! :hail2: Had the pleasure of meeting Rick and he showed me his car, super nice guy.

If you think the car will go 6.50's and the other blower that is nmra legal will go faster, you guys should be all over that. You would be with the hitters.

Good luck, can't wait to see a nother full pass.

The problem is getting a track good enough to apply full power. Might have to go to Vegas to get a good track. AT these NMRA races, they prep the track to the nines!!!! :hail2: This weekend NHRA tried something other than VHT and it worked horribly! Even Super Stock cars were spinning there tires off the line. It was quite a joke for $300 US to race! :nonono:

Anybody that saw the car run, even on the 6.75 pass would tell you it looked like a locamotive going down the track from all the fuel. But thats what was needed to get it it to go down without blowing the tires off! :rlaugh:

How did Rick Distefano run a 6.17 at Mission this weekend if "the track was far from good" ?

You guys on the Rash bandwagon claimed he would run 6's off the trailer ... he didn't.

Rash went out and bought a proven Skinney Kid race car ... what did you think would happen?

Why don't you guys make the trip to Maple Grove Raceway in Reading, PA for the next NMRA event June 4-5-6 ?