re:egr delete

boondocksaint

Aug 31, 2003
last thing to resolve on my 87 lx is the egr. throwing a code 31 and my valve whistles as i accel.i want to delete this. now i know i can disconnect the tube from the valve and cap off both ends,but i want it to look good(stock)so im leaning towards the block off to the intake. my question is, instead of a plate(metal) what says i cant take 2 gaskets and put them together opposite of each other so there is no hole and use some gasket maker to further seal it? also whats the advantages/ disadvantages to blocking off the egr. my check engine light doesnt work so thats not an issue. thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I just took some sheet metal and cut a pattern out. It just took like 5min to do it. I still have part of the tube on there to past the visual test. I have seen a decrease in gas mileage since I have cut mine off. Take a look to see what I did.

314319_65_full.jpg

what gauge sheet metal is that, and did you have to do anything to your computer to let it know its not used? and what did you cut it with? all i have are tin strips and metal from those carports that are built. can i use that type of metal?

boondocksaint said:
what gauge sheet metal is that, and did you have to do anything to your computer to let it know its not used? and what did you cut it with? all i have are tin strips and metal from those carports that are built. can i use that type of metal?

I am not sure what gauge it is, it was some my dad had laying around. I just used some metal snips that we had. The EGR system is still hooked up just blocked.