Reached Top Speed Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 22, 2005
Today I reached to around 230km/h (230 kilometers = 142.915374 miles) in my mustang which I’ve read is the maximum speed (speed limiter) but I was driving 200 - 220km (124 miles - 136 miles) so I just hit the 230kms for seconds.

• Sponsors (?)

Zephyroush said:
I think he's saying he was already going around 124-136 and decided to push it to 143 for a little bit. (At least that's how I translated it.) :)

Yeah - how did it handle?

thats exactly what i ment (thanks), it handeled nicely it was comfortable and smooth no vibrations or abnormal noise.

I was cautious when I was driving at high speed so I might have not exactly hit 230km (143miles) but I know for sure I was above the 220 marker. I wasn’t looking at the gauges constantly when driving. Again I might have not reached the limiters max speed since I didn’t feel anything shut off or cut off assuming that’s what happens when the limiter kicks in.

Power4 said:
The S197s have a speed limiter on them?
I guess so, check this out
New Stang tops out at 143?

i hit top speed the other day to.....car felt great...all i have is eibach springs and the car felt planted....the only querk i have is that I could see the hood shaking and wobbling and rippling like a wave under the wind.......

2003gt said:
i hit top speed the other day to.....car felt great...all i have is eibach springs and the car felt planted....the only querk i have is that I could see the hood shaking and wobbling and rippling like a wave under the wind.......

That's what you need a good set of hood pins for. You don't want your hood to come flying off at that speed. It wouldn't be pretty.

its not a RPM limiter atleast thats what i understood, its a speed limiter, (speed governor or whatever its called) with a tuner it can be eliminated. there might be a rpm limiter but that might prevent you from redlineing.

199 said:
its not a RPM limiter atleast thats what i understood, its a speed limiter, (speed governor or whatever its called) with a tuner it can be eliminated. there might be a rpm limiter but that might prevent you from redlineing.

I thought there was both rev limiter and speed limiter. I know mine has a rev limiter (6250rpm), because I've hit it, and it's *very* noticeable.

Jason Dean said:
I thought there was both rev limiter and speed limiter. I know mine has a rev limiter (6250rpm), because I've hit it, and it's *very* noticeable.

How true. In one my early outings in my '05, a guy in a Mercedes CLK500 raced me from a red light..we were neck and neck until I hit that rev limiter in 1st gear, lol. Was kinda scary for a second until I realized what happened. Oh well, I was otherwise quite happy with the performance of my half-as-expensive-as-his ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.