Rear End gear swap

Can someone give me a link to a site, or give me instructions themselves on how to change the rear end ratio in the irs cobras? I'm taking my 4:30's out and going back stock with the 3:27 in my 99 cobra. Also, if anyone is interested in the 4:30 ring and pinion it's for sale.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm wondering the same thing...I hope you are selling the car, and if so why not just leave the 4.30's in there for the next owner so they don't have the 4.30's reinstalled since they sure won't want the 3.27's in there...

Oh yeah, if you really want to try it, here's a page on rebuilding the 8.8" rearend...It covers how to do it on a straight axle car, but if you take the IRS out, which you'll have to do anyways, it's basically the same procedure to do the gears...

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/5ohcpa/cpa5ohtech001.htm

I just had a new motor put in the car and in order for the 1 year warranty to take effect, I have to have the stock ratio put back in. Another reason is because of gas prices, may not be much better, but I just started college and I need better gas mileage. I'm not selling the car, but the 4:30's are for sale. Also, while the car was at the shop, it was hit in the rear end, and now I need a rear bumper cover and passenger side tail light. So if anyone is interested in the 4:30's or anyone has a 03' bumper cover off a cobra or a tail light for sale, let me know.